Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Cleaning

Since hearing of reports of the dashboard material not taking too kindly to cleaners, I was wondering if anyone is using anything that keeps the dash looking good and doesn't dull or stain - my dealer told me to just keep on using a damp microfibre cloth but I think it needs a little more than that to keep it looking good.

I have been thinking about giving Autoglym Resin interior cleaner a go but am a bit worried in case I do damage :eerrrmm:

• Like 1

Since hearing of reports of the dashboard material not taking too kindly to cleaners, I was wondering if anyone is using anything that keeps the dash looking good and doesn't dull or stain - my dealer told me to just keep on using a damp microfibre cloth but I think it needs a little more than that to keep it looking good.

I have been thinking about giving Autoglym Resin interior cleaner a go but am a bit worried in case I do damage :eerrrmm:

Test on an area you cant see but ive never had any problems with a damp cloth to be honest.

Wicksy:

My advice would be that you should never use commercial products of any kind on the dashboard, simply because even the

mildest have some degree of aggressiveness which, in the long term, will alter the surface being treated. In order to maintain a factory-fresh appearance for as long as possible, I would proceed as follows:

1. Frequently, and lightly, dust the dashboard with a dry microfibre cloth or glove until any dust particles are no longer visible.

2. Then, occasionally and only if necessary, pass the surfaces with a very slightly dampened microfibre cloth. You can, if you

so choose, dampen the cloth with a very mild soapy solution (say 5%), and then give the surfaces a final wipe with a dry

microfibre cloth kept for this specific purpose

As a general rule, curb your enthusiasm and do not proceed beyond step 1. unless you deem it strictly necessary.

Wicksy:

My advice would be that you should never use commercial products of any kind on the dashboard, simply because even the

mildest have some degree of aggressiveness which, in the long term, will alter the surface being treated. In order to maintain a factory-fresh appearance for as long as possible, I would proceed as follows:

1. Frequently, and lightly, dust the dashboard with a dry microfibre cloth or glove until any dust particles are no longer visible.

2. Then, occasionally and only if necessary, pass the surfaces with a very slightly dampened microfibre cloth. You can, if you

so choose, dampen the cloth with a very mild soapy solution (say 5%), and then give the surfaces a final wipe with a dry

As a general rule, curb your enthusiasm and do not proceed beyond step 1. unless you deem it strictly necessary.

Wicksy:

Thanks Rabbers - I have indeed followed your method and the dash has come up fine - I've heard too many stories of the Third Generation not taking too kindly to cleaners - its not worth the risk.

Wicksy - Mr Muscle Window and Glass cleaner - that green one....works brilliantly! I believe it's alkaline. Used this for years and it works brilliants. Cleans well and doesn't leave any residue behind at all.

• Like 1

Wicksy - Mr Muscle Window and Glass cleaner - that green one....works brilliantly! I believe it's alkaline. Used this for years and it works brilliants. Cleans well and doesn't leave any residue behind at all.

Dont use that on tinted windows btw!