Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Let's Not Forget..

djanderso

Today is the 11th september - I'm not sure if anyone here was directly affected by those awful events in New York and Washington. A chill still runs up my spine when I think back to seeing those events unfold on TV 2 years ago.

Let us all pause for a moment later today.

I was in carnary whard that day, and i will never forget it, watchin in utter disbelief at the second plane hitting into the tower, then undergoing the ensuing evacuation, i still to this day look up when i hear one of the planes flying past the canary wharf.

Its certainly one of those days that truely changed the world.

my thoughts go to all the familys of those deeply affected

i came hoe from my office for lunch and decided to stay home.. which was unusual.. turned the TV on and it was on the news channel and I could see the first tower with smoke pouring out

Thought it was just a fire at first

rhaines Posted on Sep 11 2003, 10:20 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely the moments of silence should be...

GMT

1246 Silence marks first plane crash

1303 Silence marks second plane crash

1359 Silence marks first tower collapse

1429 Silence marks second tower collapse 

Agree with that..

I remember it clearly...

One of the guys in the office (the joker) told us a plane had hit the WTC.. we didnt believe him...

Tried to get onto a news site... all clogged... someone got a radio out... we were all thinking it was an accident.. then the second one hit..

Could never forget I watched it on the enws as I was flying to Hong Kong the same evennig, one thing I will always be surprised at is that I could not see that much extra security at heathrow although the queues were considerably longer...

I was in a meeting here with a team from the US - one of our Directors came in with a print-out from the web news showing first crash - room went quiet and discussion re: big accident ensued - then we heard of the 2nd impact and people got well worried.

Took some of the team nearly a week to get flights home - we even had trouble extending their hotel stays locally due to all the travel issues.

Anyone see that film recently about the team recording the fire dept. documentary during the week 9/11 happened - that was one scary situation ...

(13:03 - just stopped typing for 1 min - respect).

time, ladies and gentlmen, please!

All our thoughts at some point will be with the familes and friends of those who were directly affected.

I'll never forget the answerphone message that was left by someone inside who knew there was no way out... THat is no way to die.

:unsure:

I was at the office, when a close friend, working in the Parisian fire brigade called me "a plane just hited the WTC 13 minutes ago", couldn't realize yet, I just thought about march 2001 that I was in the WTC with my mother (We usually go to NYC once a year to make a shopping idea for our business)

Everything just stop at the office, and we all focus to what we can listen or see about it, then I get back to home, and saw the twins felt down, we had a cry with my wife, was a really sad day for us & for all the people I know around here.

I just realized that I would ask news from a friend living in NY, Camelia, her mother worked at a hospital closed to ground zero, she was fine, her brother girl friend was working just downside of the towers, and she was late that day, hoppefully for her, rest of the family was ok.

I took a pict of a fire brigade in march, walking in a NYC street, on a small buiding fire and I use to take look at it time to time, no need to explain why.

post-32-1063289504.jpg

My daughter is currently on holiday in Texas and today whilst obviously thinking of her my mind goes back to 9/11 and what has been the most horrific scenes ever seen on TV news. It is fitting that LOC gives this thread the dignity and sincerity this tragic event deserves.

May they rest in peace and may this never happen again anywhere in this world.

I'm sorry guy's but I think anopther opinion needs to be aired (here come the moderators)...

While September the 11th was an atrocious act of terrorism which will never be forgotten it was just that an act of terrorism where a large number of people died. Thoughts and condolences go without saying to those people, families, loved ones and children but how long must we give a momnets silence, do we remember the millions who innocently died from natural disasters remembering the earthquakes in turkey and floods in mozambique recently not to mention the numerous others.

A major power who believe themselves to be untouchable had a wake up call and as usual it was the innocent people who make the country what is were forced to give there lives with no choice and no warning as political pawns. The behavoiur shown by Al-Qaueda is totally unacceptable but why every year is every country commemorate this issue when millions have passed away without as much as a second thought.

Sorry if this post offends anyone but this is my honest belief.

I'm sorry guy's but I think anopther opinion needs to be aired (here come the moderators)...

While September the 11th was an atrocious act of terrorism which will never be forgotten it was just that an act of terrorism where a large number of people died. Thoughts and condolences go without saying to those people, families, loved ones and children but how long must we give a momnets silence, do we remember the millions who innocently died from natural disasters remembering the earthquakes in turkey and floods in mozambique recently not to mention the numerous others.

A major power who believe themselves to be untouchable had a wake up call and as usual it was the innocent people who make the country what is were forced to give there lives with no choice and no warning as political pawns. The behavoiur shown by Al-Qaueda is totally unacceptable but why every year is every country commemorate this issue when millions have passed away without as much as a second thought.

:angry: I can't share your views.

what was it about this post that made you think it would be moderated Ryan?

LOC has never censored anyones opinions

I kinda agree with you mate.

but - that said, I see no harm in paying our respects in this way - people other than Americans were deeply affected by this.

If tragedies were not aired then how can people pay their respects?

9/11 was a form of terrorism.. not natuaral disaster

all those people were basically murdered... you cannot blame a natuaral disaster as cold blood murder

I agree entirely that these people were murdered, I think I said that when I said...

and as usual it was the innocent people who make the country what is were forced to give there lives with no choice and no warning as political pawns.

I also understand that people from arounf the globe were effected by this tragedy, I also know people who died in the towers, what annoys me is the number of emails, forum posts (not here) that I have had today from mainly Americans expecting everyone around the globe to pay respect to the americans that gave there lives... It wasn't just Us citizens that were murdered.

An awful event occured 2 years ago on this day (oops yesterday), it was also this week that the father of the H-Bomb died, ok not quite the same subject.

As for terrorism, with no proof of WMD was the recent Gulf episdoe a terrorist act, it was defiantely against international law but hey the US/UK are major powers, lets let that one slide shall we....

I'll say again, to all those who lost loved ones, family, parents and friends during the atrocites of 9/11 my thoughts are with you but lets remember there is more going on in the world and attrociities happen every day.

Shall I remember my friends actions after the Bali bombing as she helped coutnless people while she was on holiday as a trained nurse, maybe... .Will the world, I doubt it...

Oh and the reason I thought may be moderated is it is a sore subject and not many people seem to share my views. I know personal views are allowed on this forum but its not often that personal/emotional and political views come up....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links