Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Find Parts On My Island

DriftingStKitts

So I stay on the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean, and can't seem to find a engine air filter, cabin air filter, and oil filter. I was told I bought a 2001 Toyota Altezza. I did some research, and found it had a sub model: RS200, and I also belive it is a J Edition Automatic 5 speed. Here is the info on my car:

Model: GF-SXE10-AEAVF

Engine: 3S-GE

Frame: SXE10-0040329

Please help me confirm that I have a 2001 Toyota Altezza RS200 J Edition 5 Sp AT.

Also I herd that there may be parts for a Lexus IS model that I could use such as a oil filter, cabin filter, and engine air filter. If so what year, and model Lexus would have the same parts for these specific items, as I could have family bring them when they come visit.

Do I have the correct Trans/axel as well? A650E A01a - 3.9116 ratio Open Centre?

Also on the island they don't have anything other than regular gas. I've been using STP octane booster. Will this work, and/or is there a better option?

Last where can I find aftermarket performance parts that will work on an automatic, as it seems that they all are for the 6sd manual, and I barley found any of those. My typical go to places are amazon, and eBay, and seem to be coming up short. Maybe you have a link I haven't seen?

Thanks for all the help,

Noob - Alan

Hello and welcome to the LOC

You do have the car described.

The IS200 does have different part numbers for the filters you mention so it would be best to obtain the required parts with Toyota part numbers.

Oil Filter 90915-10003 $US 12.90

Air Filter 17801-46080 $US 28.16

Cabin Filter 88927-53010 $US 114.00 OUCH!

Not too sure on the transmision type as there was a change in 2001 so part numer from 1998-4/2001 is 35000-53030 and then 5/2001-on is 35000-53080 both Aisin types.

Although you cannot see the pictures this website may help you with parts.

www.toyodiy.com

Finally if you are really struggling geting parts I would be quite happy to fly out from the UK and deliver them personally if you pay for my airfare and provide accomodation :)

Been to St.Maarten, San Juan,Antigua,St John and Dominican Republic but not St.Kitts yet :)

Do you drive on the left over there I know some islands do some don't and the Dominicans drive up the middle.

Post up a picture of your car with the beach in the background.

Hey thanks so much for the response. That helps alot. I'll look on that sight for a PCV valve as well. Here on St. Kitts we drive on the left which is kinda new to me as I grew up in Texas. However it's not that different because I was always in the fast lane. lol. I could provide accomodations, but I think air fare is out of the question. lol. I'll work on the beach shot for ya.

Still looking to find out if Octane Booster will help since all they have is regular gasoline here, and I need to find aftermarket performance parts that will work on an automatic.

I used to work at a lube shop, and I know that if I was there I could find parts to match. So fustrating.

Thanks again,

Tezza noob - Alan

Hi Alan,

You can hopefully find your parts cheaper here if you send an email for the attention of Tim, I'll tell him to look out for it and hopefully he can sort you a decent deal on the parts you need :D

I am in your neck of the woods in January what's the weather like then nice and hot and cocktails on the beach I hope lol

Yep!

Hi Alan,

You can hopefully find your parts cheaper here if you send an email for the attention of Tim, I'll tell him to look out for it and hopefully he can sort you a decent deal on the parts you need :D

Great site!

PCV part number is 12204-88570, it is specific to the Altezza's 3SGE unfortunatly. I work at a Toyota dealer here in NZ. We have thousands of Altezza on the roads here. At their peak it was well over 10,000.

I've never heard of a "J" Edition, there's Z & L Editions though. You'll find the letter at the end of your model number if it is one. This site will help you identify what model you have http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyota/Altezza/equipRS200.htm & http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyota/Altezza/main.htm

2014-06-06_0921.png

Do yourself a favour when it comes to servicing, get your hands on a quality 10W30 like Royal Purple HPS or Redline. Don't waste your time with cheap semi synthetic especially 10W40, if you must run a 40 weight then a thin full synthetic like 0W40 Mobil1 or 5W40 Shell Helix is next best the way to go. Another very good option is Motul 300V 5W30 if your budget alows it. Thats what I run in mine.

As for performance parts, put a K&N panel filter in & some iridium spark plugs for a start. Then upgrade the exhaust. Add an LSD if it doesn't have one. There's not much else you can do without spending big money like upgrading the ECU to an Apexi Power FC or Turboing. Most people just make do & upgrade the suspension.

Edited by janey
Unable to offer sales as not authorised trader - sorry
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome to the LOC

You do have the car described.

The IS200 does have different part numbers for the filters you mention so it would be best to obtain the required parts with Toyota part numbers.

Oil Filter 90915-10003 $US 12.90

Air Filter 17801-46080 $US 28.16

Cabin Filter 88927-53010 $US 114.00 OUCH!

Not too sure on the transmision type as there was a change in 2001 so part numer from 1998-4/2001 is 35000-53030 and then 5/2001-on is 35000-53080 both Aisin types.

Although you cannot see the pictures this website may help you with parts.

www.toyodiy.com

Finally if you are really struggling geting parts I would be quite happy to fly out from the UK and deliver them personally if you pay for my airfare and provide accomodation :)

Been to St.Maarten, San Juan,Antigua,St John and Dominican Republic but not St.Kitts yet :)

Do you drive on the left over there I know some islands do some don't and the Dominicans drive up the middle.

Post up a picture of your car with the beach in the background.

1932644_10105254762311021_50440157202605

• 5 weeks later...

PCV part number is 12204-88570, it is specific to the Altezza's 3SGE unfortunatly. I work at a Toyota dealer here in NZ. We have thousands of Altezza on the roads here. At their peak it was well over 10,000.

I've never heard of a "J" Edition, there's Z & L Editions though. You'll find the letter at the end of your model number if it is one. This site will help you identify what model you have http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyota/Altezza/equipRS200.htm & http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyota/Altezza/main.htm

2014-06-06_0921.png

Do yourself a favour when it comes to servicing, get your hands on a quality 10W30 like Royal Purple HPS or Redline. Don't waste your time with cheap semi synthetic especially 10W40, if you must run a 40 weight then a thin full synthetic like 0W40 Mobil1 or 5W40 Shell Helix is next best the way to go. Another very good option is Motul 300V 5W30 if your budget alows it. Thats what I run in mine.

As for performance parts, put a K&N panel filter in & some Iridium spark plugs for a start. Then upgrade the exhaust. Add an LSD if it doesn't have one. There's not much else you can do without spending big money like upgrading the ECU to an Apexi Power FC or Turboing. Most people just make do & upgrade the suspension.

Yes ment to write that it was a Z, however it doesn't have it on the frame number, however it does have all the same options it seems

That actually looks like a Qualitat model you've got there http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclub/index.php?showtopic=9225&hl=

Yes is says Qualitat on the grill.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links