Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chronic Smugness

CrustyLE

I picked up my first Lexus (RX450L) a couple of weeks ago from Swindon Lexus. It's 3 yrs old with a paltry 11k on the clock. If I'd put '14 plates on it you would accept that it was brand new.

Here's the issue; I can't suppress the feeling of smugness and utter contentment behind the wheel. Journey times have lengthened because I don't want to arrive and then have to alight from the vehicle. I struggle to break speed limits and I have developed a habit of giving way to people and pedestrians (not that they can hear me coming). My wife is gravely concerned that the husband she knew has been replaced by this weird but pleasant and chilled individual.

Can anyone help??

• Like 2

Yes give me the car and she will get her husband that she once knew back again :winky:

Sorry sheldrake, that's not going to happen! You can have my wife though if you want? Low mileage, one careful owner, looks like new, perfect runner......

On a separate note; I'm intrigued by your nickname - that used to used as an old code word. Deliberate?

• Like 1

You have just re-entered Father Christmas`s Grotto !

It is a whole life experience which will now remain with you.

You will make people smile each day with your easy driving manner, tolerance of others and complete absence of antagonism towards other ( less privileged?) road users.

Lexus Motoring is a Galaxy away from the vast majority of others.

Enjoy it while you can as we all have only a one way ticket and you now occupy one of the best seats !!

Regards

John

• Like 1