Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£194.56 To Change One Tpms Tyre Sensor @ Lexus Belfast

Rory2000

Have a 2007 Lexus GS450h and the value broke so i had to get it replaced...

Parts:

New valve and fitting kit £74.86

Labour: £119.70

Total cost £194.56 to get it fixed... great value for money don't you think ?

The TPMS sensor can only be got from Lexus so you have to buy the parts there, they also said that it took so long as they have to reprogram all sensors and plug there kit into the car not to mention take the tyre off the alloy wheel take out old sensor and put new one back in fit and balance the wheel.

See my broken valve / sensor attached...

Just thought people should know about the huge cost !

post-44933-0-51582800-1401451957_thumb.j

Hi ! I have attached the link to the topic that i have started in april about tpms on my gs450h . I think you might have paid a bit too much . My total cost of the tpms , toyota techstream cable + software and tpms fitting was £80 . Next time you might consider my suggestion and you can ask me any questions you have about gs 450h.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/89242-lexus-gs-3rd-gen-tpms/

That is a good saving and thank you for sharing that information but I have something even cheaper at £2.99. that does all 5 tyres and will never corrode or fail. A 1994 LS400 with just 20 ECUs is enough for me. :)

post-12144-0-62013500-1401644638_thumb.g

I know Steve and you are right :). I also agree that in term of reliability an practicality older stuff is better but in our new lexus is a bit annoying to take out the tpms because it will take care to remind us every time that there is an error . And i don't think is very nice from lexus to charge £194.56 for such a simple operation. To program the new sensor is true that you have to re write the others 3 but it does not take more than 5 minutes.