Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Programming The Original Key

Ive got a new Battery in my key as the other one has been flat for sometime.

I need to reprogramme the central locking, the car starts and runs on the key just wont lock or unlock. I have seen many proceedures for replacment keys but they havnt worked.

What do i need to do?

Try this

TO LOCK CAR

open drivers side door and remove key from ignition switch

insert key to be programmed into ignition switch then remove it

Within 40 seconds

1. Press lock and unlock on the vehicle door control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times

2. Close and reopen drivers door

Within 40 seconds

1. Press lock and unlock on the vehicle door control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times

2. Insert key into ignition switch

3.Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program new key code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program a new key code whilst erasing the original codes.

4. Remove key from ignition switch.

System should now lock and unlock car once or twice depending which mode has been selected

Within 40 seconds

1.Simultaneously press and hold key lock and unlock buttons for a maximum of 1.5 seconds.

2.Within 3 seconds press any key button for a minimum of 1 second.

System should now lock and unlock car once

Note:if system locks and unlocks car twice,progranmming procedure has not been completed.Repeat programming procedure.

TO PROGRAMME IMMOBILIZER

Insert programmed black key into ignition switch

Within 15 seconds

1. Press and release accelerator pedal 5 times

Within 20 seconds

1. Press and release brake pedal 6 times

2. Remove black key

Within 10 seconds

Insert black key to be programmed into ignition switch

Within 10 seconds

Press and release accelerator pedal once. Immobilizer warning light will flash

After 1 minute Immobilizer warning light will extinquish.

To exit programming mode:remove ignition key and press brake pedal atleast once with 10 seconds or wait 10 seconds

Note:if system locks and unlocks car twice,progranmming procedure has not been completed.Repeat programming procedure

When I bought a spare key for mine I almost kicked the dog with frustration. I did actually give up after trying so many times. I then found a guy who works for Toyota who said he would do it for £30. The day before he came I tried again and this time it worked. I don't know why, but I can only assume one part of the sequence was wrong, and somehow I managed to get it right.

It's the most frustrating thing I've ever done on a car, so I can understand how you feel. I think I'm right in saying that regardless of how many times you try you can't do any harm by wiping out info.

I think if all else fails, the advice to find someone to do it will save you so much hassle. I seem to remember that Lexus wanted a lot for a key, but not that much for programming.

I will speak to toyota see how much they want to do it for.

I am pretty certain i have the master key, there was a little advice saying that putting the master key in the ignition and the security light goes straight out, which it does. the spare key i have has mysteriously dissappeared.

Oh well

I know with mine I had the master key, but it's the only one it came with. I bought a spare from eBay for £25, and a blank for a couple of quid. I got it cut at a locksmith for about £8, so it was worth the hassle. I would have considered it a result if I'd paid someone to reprogram it as well.

Maybe someone can answer this. If a spare is programed from the master key, is it then possible to program another one by using the new spare, or does it always have to involve the original master?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links