Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 On Ebay. Opinions Please!

After a long gap, I have decided to rejoin the real world and treat myself to an LS430. I've had a couple of LS400s before. I've seen a couple already but spotted this one on eBay....

eBay Link

...but having looked through the forums I have spotted a few sellers that may be best avoided! Does anyone have any thoughts on this car or the seller? Any advice / info welcomed! Thanks

Looks clean apart from the double glazing breaking down ......... new window glass needed ......... but with full Lexus Service History, looks quite nice. .......... has the cambelt been changed yet ??

Malc

This is the seller that was selling the red ls430 I went to go and see for a member on here, he made out in his ad car was mint etc, but he didn't mention it had 9 owners and the car was tatty, some of the panels were a different shade to the rest of the car, I'm sure this is the same seller

Just had a response from him about the cambelt. Apparently nothing noted in the service history...which it transpires was last done at 86K. Not exactly a full service history then!

Do you mean the cambelt was last done at 86k or the last service was done at 86k ?

The cambelt change on the Ls430 is 100k miles ?? and is maybe just a tad overdue but nonetheless expensive service item ............. hence no service I guess for 20k miles ? ......... not brilliantly looked after then if that's the case.

Nonetheless, it might be a fine car !!!

But if the seller isn't totally upfront about stuff then maybe it really is one to shy away from ........... the dealer anyway !

Malc

• Like 1

At least he has trader status on fleabay instead of the usual private seller in disguise,feedback looks reasonable.

Doesn't say on listing how many previous owners and for that money I would be looking for 12 months MOT not the present 6.

Also says zero warranty so I assume being sold for spares or repairs then?

I'd be checking MOT history to confirm mileage and pawing over the service history with care, if genuine mileage for the year is very good.

If being sold as spares the seller being trade cannot allow it to be driven away otherwise it will be subject to the 'Sale of Goods Act' no matter what the seller might claim.

Also 'no warranty' doesn't matter as the buyer will be covered by that same Sale of Goods Act.

If your selling a car for spares why would you even mention a warranty

• 2 weeks later...

If you do go for it the steering tilt seems an easy fix.

Although a spacer rather than zip tie would be my choice...

Unfortunately that fix is for the earlier models and the series IV LS400 and LS430s use a different motor which has a reputation for failure. It gets worse these motors are not serviceable/repairable and cost around £300.00!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links