Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will be needed 4 new tyres in the not too distant future. Currently have Yokohama Advan A10s in the rear and Bridgestone Potenza S001 fitted to the front that came with the car when I bought it 20k miles ago (Advans were new fitted by dealer (on 2nd attempt after I pointed out the Sunny 3800s they had fitted were going result in my death and being sued by my wife wouldn't be good for them)).

Bridgestone come in at £130/corner

Yokohama come in at £210/corner

I've always liked Goodyear Eagle F1s when I've had them on cars in the past that come in at £130/corner.

Anything else I should be looking at? I don't mind spending more money to get better tyres but the Advans don't seem to offer more for a lot more money.

Car spends most of its life on the motorway and gets used in all weathers so good wet weather performance and lower noise are important to me.

Dunlop Sport Maxx for me (as fitted by factory) mine came to me on Pirelli Please Zeros but suffered chronic training after a fairly short mileage. I contacted Pirelli technical department asking why I was having severe handling issues to be told very curtly ". These tyres are neither designed for or tested on the 450h" Back on Dunlop at £139 per corner, no problems and 40,000 per set.

Thanks, £540 for a set fitted which I am pretty happy with.

2dB quieter than the other ones I was looking at and rated A for Rain and C for fuel economy which is better as well :D

You must drive like a saint to get 40 000 miles out of a set though :innocent:

On my GS 450H Hankook Ventus V12evo, less noisy than Advan mounted before and firm ride, if you prefer a slightly softer tyre I suggest to buy a 93Y type (Hankook are 97Y).

Michelin Primacy 3 are good too, but more expensive.

No not a saint, use the gearbox to slow the car, less black front wheels and more energy harvested back into the batteries. Just fitted the second set of disc pads at just 195,000 miles. Guess that's why she has averaged 36 MPG since new.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links