Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afternoon

I ran into troubles with few items, wondering if some may guide me.

Bought a LS430 last November 55 reg from a private dealer, bought a warranty wise warranty as well for 1,2k platinum

Now after seven month I ran into troubles;

- Front shock start gives knocking sound,

--- Turned out to be replacement required

- Front driver side parking sensors going off intermittently

--- Turned out to be someone painted on it, did not fully understood what does that mean.

- Rain sensor for wipers not working

--- turned out to be someone have removed / missing jell pad, no clue what that is.

- Driver side mirror is not dipping

--- Turned out to be someone glued a mirror that’s why it’s not working.

For the DIY jobs that were done but I was not aware of it, that they will not be covered.

Called warranty wise, shocks not covered, because they have classed it as wear & tear rather than a fault. I am wondering what’s the point of buying a 1.2k warranty-wise warranty.

Anyhow, I need guidance, on following

- Mirror fix, Lexus Twickenham says that 725.11 is cost of replacement --- >>> Not happy but not end of the world, I can live with that.

- Parking sensors one sensor replacement costs 175, causing me headics, randomly going off

- Shock absorber replacement will cost me 978.23, that do need replacement, because on bumpy roads I do hear knocking sound.

I am not sure why suddenly all this started happening, is that because it’s a bare minimum maintenance kept, at the time of purchase so this will not be noticed & now its popping up after seven months.

I bought this because I am 2nd owner, 1st one was a lady, & just driven 30k mile-age in 8 years, with proved MOT records & service stamps from Lexus Edgware all eight of them.

If you were me what you are going to do to fix it.

Regards

Maybe Quenton Wilson thinks it's a good warranty, but reading through the basic stuff on web site, not sure what the heck could fail that is actually going to be covered.

Sounds to me like this lady owner lived near somewhere populated by speed humps, to be able to see off a 430 with relatively low mileage, my 400 with 150K on clock is still going fine, and i have to traverse 4 speed humps a day, but do it as gently as possible.

As the the mirror being glued, sounds odd to me, really does make we want to meet this lady owner and have a tete-a-tete.

Or maybe you got a Friday car that just took a while to show it's faults!!

Sounds like you need a decent Lexus mechanic to have a good sniff around to see what else is about to give up, given your engine is barely run in.

This is the sort of scenario that scares me rigid when I ever think to change from my Ls400 ......... just got to keep mine going for another 25 years then :outforcount: :rolleyes:

Malc

• Like 1

This is the sort of scenario that scares me rigid when I ever think to change from my Ls400 ......... just got to keep mine going for another 25 years then :outforcount: :rolleyes:

Malc

That can be done, there's a guy in the States with a Volvo P1800 The Saints car (I know its not a lexus) he is on 2 million just with regular servicing and keeping up with the dreaded rust its still going strong.

I except the fact that at some time I may have to spend many £'s on body work rust etc but in 6 years she hasn't cost me a penny except for servicing, tyres, Battery, £45 for the Y section to be sorted, laser wheel alignment, windscreen wiper and a number plate bulb, she has never failed her MOT I don't think there's another car out there that would have done the same except for another Lexus.

If I replace her with another LS Mk 4 I will be buying someone else's problems so if I have to pay some serious dosh to keep my Lexie going and the rust at bay I'm happy to shell out for it. Mike.

It may be worth while perhaps looking for some good secondhand parts particularly for the mirror.

Have a look on eBay for LS430's being broken and search LS430 mirrors on there.

If the shock absorber is knocking but not leaking it may be just the rubber mounting bushes which may be available seperately. (confirm this is the cause as top/bottom ball joints,upper wishbones and antiroll bar bushes can also cause this).

Finally I found these parking sensors on eBay at a much lower cost than Lexus are asking.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PDC-PARKING-SENSOR-PARKSENSOR-FOR-TOYOTA-LEXUS-LS430-89341-50010-NEW-x-1-/271386651779?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item3f2fe7ac83

These warrenty wise type offers are a bag of rubbish, top money for poor service, they just rip you off and give you the feeling you are safe in their hands, don't fall for it.

You see and hear all the time people having the same problems you have, not covered, wear and tear etc.

Don't buy those cheaper parking sensors, they are a little smaller then the original, the retaining bracket is loose because of this and it falls out of the bracket, the sensor is only black so it needs a paint. Been there and done it.

Try getting to the sensor, unplug it and clean the contacts, wd40 is good to blast off any crud from the sockets, just let it dry before you reconnect, takes a few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on repairs;

Quite a story; quick summary

- At the end they (warranty wise) agreed to repair shock absorber only.

- Lexus Twickenham offered 10% discount to Warranty wise but not to me on parts.

- Lexus Twickenham issued me a full invoice without a single reference that they have issued a 10% discount to Warranty wise.

- - Warranty wise accidently revealed that they got 10% from Lexus Twickenham.

- - what was agreed between them that discount was not offered to me, they charged me fill £902 on parts & labour.

- When I discovered this 10% discount, there was no reasonable justification that I can accept.

- - during enquiry of this 10% discount, Staff response was pathetic, service & repair staff (single staff) was not taking ownership.

- - Now they (Lexus Twickenham) will revise invoice.

- rain sensors, was told that Jell pad is missing

- - when I told them to install Jell pad, it is still not working, asked why, was told that more diagnostics required, why it is not working when Jell Pad is now installed.

- - - why not in 1st place, when they have already charged for Jell Pad which means nothing, as rain sensor is still not working & pushing me more to do diagnostics so they can charge me more.

Quality of work will have to see how long it last, but I do feel that car is now better responding on jumps & no sound from offside. But overall customer dealing was not up-to the mark, I am not saying that it was bad, but there were lapses between their own internal communications & communications with client (in this case me), not sure how they are running such a large showroom / business.

@Malc, you are right LS400 is far better, few of my friends also saying the same, but if I can get hold of one nice piece, as you said that your car is very good, This is my 1st LS, before all I have GS MK1 (still in my thoughts, if Time is in my control, I will go back in time & buy GS MK1 1997 model that last one in MK1 series I liked the most) & will
keep it for ever as long as I live, then had MK2 & then MK3, didn’t like MK3, somewhat like MK2, I was after LS for a long time, got it, now screaming, just for this instance only, don’t know if I be screaming in future, very bad experience. Not sure if it’s me only (bad luck) or there are other with issues.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links