Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tank Range

I am 90% motorway and in ECO mode at 75 with the cruise control on I cannot fail to get less than 55 mpg showing on the computer.

Had the car 3 weeks now, already at 2500 miles and every tank full has been the same.

However I don't sit in the outside lane with the German c0cks though, I'm happy enough in luxury seeing that dial showing 55 mpg :driving:

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Got the phone call i was waiting for just now from the dealer. At last i pick up my new toy tomorrow after an age waiting for it . Ill let ye know how i get on with the mileage.

Ill post a few pics also.

Hi everyone,

I have my IS300h Business Edition since January this year, and have done 15500 miles (25000 km) up to now.

My total average since January is 42MPG (6.7 l/100km) calculated, being 65% highway, 25% regular roads and 10% city. Although I have to mention that it has gotten way better after 6200 miles (10000 km)

Mostly I drive in Eco mode, with some sports mode in between - do not understand what the normal mode is for, either you want a sporty car, or you want to save fuel.

On the one route I do regularly (about once a month) which is 560 miles (900km):

• 60 miles (100 km) roads passing trucks in sports mode @ ~65mph (105 km/h)
  • 125 miles(200 km) highway at 95 mph (155 km/h) (cruise on)
  • 25 miles (40 km) highway at 110 mph (180 km/h)(cruise on)
  • 350 miles (560 km) highway at 90 mph (145 km/h) (cruise on)

Mostly drive ECO on that route, besides some sport mode for passing trucks on the regular roads. I get an average of 44.8MPG (6.3 l/100km) (calculated).

Most I have gotten into my tank is 67 liters and 691 miles - this was only when I had 10 liters reserve in my trunk, just in case.

If I tank 98 Octane, I get a slightly better number: 48.7MPG (5.8 l/100km), and with 10% Ethanol in the fuel slightly worse,41.5MPG (6.8 l/100km)

Hope it helps to compare!

I converted from l/100km to MPG using the imperial system, hope that the right one!

Coming up to 415 miles and the tank range has 170 miles to go, so 585 miles on the tank. A bit disappointing, but some of it has been around town etc, so hopefully this month will be a bit better.

I did get over 700 miles a few tanks ago. I didn't really intend to stretch it that far but I was running late already and didn't have time to go via the petrol station.

I did 30 something miles on zero range, and it took 62 litres to fill.

I'm usually getting mid to high 600s to the tank.

I'm getting around 460miles before I refill, an average of around 42 mpg, 46/47 from the on board system.

Interesting app to use for recording data is Road Trip.

I'm getting around 460miles before I refill, an average of around 42 mpg, 46/47 from the on board system.

Interesting app to use for recording data is Road Trip.

you should use fuelly.com then others can benefit from your data.

I would expect around 3mpg difference between actual and the fuel computer, you are seeing quite a difference.