Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I'm new to this site but have been on it many times over the years just reading posts ... I own a 1997 ls 400, I think I have a starter motor prolem but very suspicious as my Battery keeps discharging not sure if it's related been told by a lexus worker that it's extremly rare for a starter motor to go on a ls 400 any ideas peeps :msn-oh:

Agree entirely with previous advice: get the Battery checked out first. I did have to have my starter replaced but my Battery was new and everything else worked. By the by the Battery can be purchased for the best price from Lexus however if you have them fit they are likely to charge an installation fee (if you don't you risk a problem with your electrics; I paid about £20 and the Battery was about £80). The starter is a major repair: the RAC guy who came to tow my car spent about 30 minutes trying to find it and then gave up. It cost about £600 for Lexus to fix it.

• Like 1

I replaced the Battery but it keep draining or so I thought, I have a Battery charger so a fully charged Battery use to turn it over but of recent months it would only catch now & again, & last week I couldnt even jump start it, ive had my starter motor replaced & the car will be delivered back to me thursday, so with a new Battery & starter motor im sure going to find out if it is a discharge from the Battery, meaning there were two faults & were unrelated...Ive had part of the exhaust replaced & the back computor on the exhast replaced?? to get it through it's mot, last yr I had a new spring & the fog light fixed, she runs like a dream when I can start her lol....will keep you all posted once I get her back ...thank you for your support & suggestions are welcome

If your having charging problems and the car is a series III not IV it may be due to the common leaking O ring seal on the power steering reservoir allowing fluid to drip on the alternator directly below it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links