Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Map Update Price

My SD card shows version 86271-53240, and the portal shows 53242 as the current map. It's £165 and takes a month to arrive, according to the flashing banner on the website. I spoke to my dealer who advised that if I buy from them (which I used to on my IS250) it's the best part of £350!!

In the space of less than a year 2 updates, I'm all for keeping upto date but not at that price, that often!

The Nav does have some funny moments but I think that's probably par for the course. Has anyone updated and noticed any meaningful changes? Not necessarily routing but general stability, that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 3 weeks later...

I think the price for these map updates is ludicrous - you can buy a decent TomTom and get free map updates for the same price! I don't use the car's satnav, I use CoPilot on my Windows Phone, traffic is much better, routing is better, display is better etc etc. Why don't they just let you download it?

I have tried to download an update from Lexus Portal.

Is the update any good?

Its in KWI format instead of Zip and not detected by car when memory stick goes in USB..would be good to know thoughts..

Omar - how did you download it? The file needs to go on a Micro SD card which is located under the heating controls. I would buy another Micro SD card, copy the existing one to it and then put the KWI file on the new one. If you can get the file to me or point me to the download I'll play until it works (I'm a software developer by trade so kind of know my stuff when it comes to IT). Once I get it working I'll give you the details to do it yourself :-)

Cheers.

Hi Neil

Its real time traffic information update...

If you are registered with Lexus Portal, it gives an option to download it. I am not sure if its an update which the car already has..

Sorry kinda getting grips with this:)

BW

Omar

Omar - I know the software update you're talking about. You just put it onto a USB drive (no more than 32gb in size) - you have to go into Setup in the car and find update - insert the USB drive when asked and make sure you have nothing else plugged in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links