Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Keyfob

GLYN

assuming you have the radio code. try disconecting the Battery for half an hour and then putting it back on and try the remote fob.

mine went off for an hour or so once ages ago and then just came back. another time it stopped flashing the lights I think, but then that came back too. although I am not sure that wasn't another car I'm thinking of... sorry, rambling now... try the Battery thing, fella and let us know.

:zee:

You mean you can't remotely lock the car ??

Had this a couple of times. Sussed it the other day.

What happened (in my case) was the ignition lock barrel hadn't popped out.

When you remove key, the lock kind of clicks out a bit - steering lock i spose.

Until this happens, can't remote lock car and security LED in dash doesn't flash.

You mean you can't remotely lock the car ??

Had this a couple of times. Sussed it the other day.

What happened (in my case) was the ignition lock barrel hadn't popped out.

When you remove key, the lock kind of clicks out a bit - steering lock i spose.

Until this happens, can't remote lock car and security led in dash doesn't flash.

Be careful Tony....... this is how my lock barrel saga started - keep an eye on it as soon it might be time for a new lock, take care mate.

• 2 months later...

You could try to reprogram the remote. The procedure is as follows:

1). With driver's door open put programmed key into ignition, do not turn, then remove it.

2). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and then UNLOCK on driver's door switch 5 times at 1 second intervals.

Close and open driver's door.

3). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and then UNLOCK on driver's door switch 5 times at 1 second intervals.

Insert key into ignition and switch ON and OFF:

once to keep original remotes,

twice to erase original remotes.

Remove key from ignition.

System will now lock and unlock:

once if originals kept,

twice if originals erased.

4). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.

Within 3 seconds press any button on remote for 1 second.

Locks should then lock and unlock once.

If locks lock and unlock twice restart procedure.

5). Within 40 seconds:

Repeat step 4 for additional remotes up to a maximum of 4.

To exit programming insert key into ignition or close driver's door.

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

Had the same problem with my is , tried this reprogramming and it worked a treat, thanks for the info, it saved me a visit to the dealer!

Borerboorer

1). With driver's door open put programmed key into ignition, do not turn, then remove it.

2). Within 40 seconds:

3). Within 40 seconds:

once if originals kept,

4). Within 40 seconds:

5). Within 40 seconds:

Pat

I had this same problem over a long period of time. My dealer repeatedly reprogrammed the keys but after a period of time, sometimes days, sometimes months, the remote would always fail again.

I bought a new remote control unit from a car being broken, fitted it myself (a right pain as you have to take out the rear seats and parcel shelf) and had the keys reprogrammed at the next service. Since then absolutely perfect!

I bought my IS200 a few weeks ago and I only have one master key, If I bought a key fob off eBay and had a blank key kut, would I be able to re-probram the key fob using the above method?

I have been quoted 200 for a new key and would rather find another way!

• 3 months later...

Can anyone help? On stage 4 of the re-programming the remotes, it always locks and unlocks twice. I can't seem to get the remotes programmed.

Cheer

2). Within 40 seconds:

3). Within 40 seconds:

once if originals kept,

4). Within 40 seconds:

5). Within 40 seconds:

Pat

• 4 months later...
I had this same problem over a long period of time. My dealer repeatedly reprogrammed the keys but after a period of time, sometimes days, sometimes months, the remote would always fail again.

I bought a new remote control unit from a car being broken, fitted it myself (a right pain as you have to take out the rear seats and parcel shelf) and had the keys reprogrammed at the next service. Since then absolutely perfect!

My wife had the same trouble last week with the IS 200 and the Stealership were going to order a new RCU, but re-programmed both master keys + the two button spare and so far so good, they all work. Cost me 55 quid though :angry:

£55 thats criminal I remember reading your post tango your wife was stuck because you were away with the 250 I thought I copied a link on the re programming process of the key fob I guess not maybe it was someone else..... do what I do keep a copy of the re programing in the glove box its happend to me 3 times now

REMEBER ALL OTHER DOORS MUST BE LOCKED BEFORE YOU ATTEMP THIS

). With driver's door open put programmed key into ignition, do not turn, then remove it.

2). Within 40 seconds:

3). Within 40 seconds:

once if originals kept,

4). Within 40 seconds:

5). Within 40 seconds:

My wife had the same trouble last week with the IS 200 and the Stealership were going to order a new RCU, but re-programmed both master keys + the two button spare and so far so good, they all work. Cost me 55 quid though :angry:

£55 thats criminal I remember reading your post tango your wife was stuck because you were away with the 250 I thought I copied a link on the re programming process of the key fob I guess not maybe it was someone else..... do what I do keep a copy of the re programing in the glove box its happend to me 3 times now

Good tip, I'll do that. The Service Manager did suggest programming myself and said he'd phone back with the instructions after he'd checked them. He phoned back and said it was overly complicated and would be best to take the car in so they could program with a PC :unsure: Cost was for half an hour labour + VAT, and I forgot to ask for the 10% Gold discount :angry:

• 1 month later...
REMEBER ALL OTHER DOORS MUST BE LOCKED BEFORE YOU ATTEMP THIS

Close and open driver's door

I'm having some trouble getting it to work. All other doors must be locked... Do I start with 3 locked doors and an open drivers door then?

I use the lock and unlock button that does the whole car (I have been doing) or just the switch next to the door handle?

Programmed the immobiliser of a new key but not the wireless locking yet, thanks for the help so far!

• 1 year later...

Sorry guys for being dumb,

Ive recently bought an IS200 which came with the master key only. A bit worried at the cost involved if i lose that key i want a spare, so if i buy an old key with transponder off eBay from another is200, would i be able to program it?

Looking at the walk though, do i place my original master in first, then replace it with the bought key. or do i have to to go through the whole procedure with the master, and then do step 4 with the ebayed key?

Also is there any chance of buggering up they key and then needing a new ecu? :)

Many Thanks and sorry for being dim! :P

Balsca

Looking at the walk though, do i place my original master in first, then replace it with the bought key. or do i have to to go through the whole procedure with the master, and then do step 4 with the ebayed key?

Also is there any chance of buggering up they key and then needing a new ecu? :)

Check out the "sticky" posting about "Need a New Key ?" at the top of this forum, there's lots of useful stuff in there. Yes, you start off the procedure with your master key to put the car into programming mode (when it starts locking and unlocking in its own), then you press the buttons on your new fob to programme it in.

You're right to be concerned about having only one key, you're in big trouble (big bill) if you lose your only master key.

I don't know if it's possible to somehow mess up the existing key with this procedure, but I don't remember anyone saying that they'd done so, so I tend to doubt it. What generally seems to happen is that it either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work then just try it again and it will probably work, assuming you're doing the steps correctly.

how do you know which is the master key? i have 3 keys all exactly the same?

I think that when the car is brand new, the master keys are the three-button ones, and the valet keys (non-master) just have two buttons (no boot key).

However, when a car's been through several owners you can't be sure what has happened to it and what keys might have been reprogrammed/gone wrong etc. So I believe that the only reliable test is to watch the behaviour of the dashboard security light when you insert the key into the ignition (no need to turn it). If the security light goes off immediately on insertion, then I believe that's a master key. If it comes on for a second when the key is inserted, then it's not a master key.

no probs, i just use the cleanest one! how much they worth then? i dont need 3, i might sell one

I would check they're all masters first, you wouldn't want to find only one's a master and you've sold it !

I'd keep all three if I were you, if you lose one then you've got two good keys still, if they're all masters. Check out eBay for prices, or perhaps others can advise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links