Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need New Pads

Hondaman

Hi folks, i need some suggestions for new rear pads for my IS250. I do mainly city driving with the occasional high speed run from London to Oxford. I find the brakes on the IS250 pretty poor, and need something with some real bite.Currently using Blueprint pads, but poor pedal feel. By contrast, my wifes BMW 325i would stop on a 50p piece.

I await your opinions. Thanks in advance.

The BMW just provides more braking assistance. I'm sure if you stamp on the brakes, to the point of activating the ABS, it will stop quite quickly. Have you used original Toyota pads in the past? They have a better feel compared to Blueprint although won't grab, they are made to give smooth progressive braking.

To be honest, rear pads aren't going to alter the feel too much anyway. Way over 50% of braking comes from the front.

Had the new pads installed today and also had the the slider pins lubed whilst they were at it. Definite improvement in the brake pedal feel. I guess genuine Toyota pads are the way to go with this model.

I fitted genuine pads from Lexus Sheffield yesterday, both rear callipers were seized and took a lot of effort to put right! Keep up the maintenance on these folks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links