Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's Been A While.....

Greeting fellow Lexus fans!

I've been dallying with other brands for about 7 or 8 years, but I've come back to the fold now with a 9 month old IS300h Luxury in Celestial Black with Premium Nav.

I previously had two 1st-gen ISs - a 200SE manual, followed by a 300.

The first surprise is that my username was still active on here after all this time!

Anyway, really enjoying the new driving experience. I've just come from a Honda CR-Z Hybrid so not entirely new to Battery power, but the HSD system is much more sophisticated and versatile.

The behaviour of the throttle and brakes take a bit of getting used to, but otherwise all good.

I've done about 800 miles in a week and a half or so, mostly motorway, and my average is 55mpg so far (on the computer anyway) which is pretty astounding for, what is after all, a fairly big and heavy car with decent performance.

Still finding my way around the settings and functions of the Nav, but getting there.

A couple of pics;

post-1280-0-75271400-1404559362_thumb.jp

post-1280-0-83444700-1404559388_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Welcome back indeed. Was it the hybrid engine that brought you back?I'm enjoying the infrequent trips to the petrol station so much I'm not sure I'll be going back to petrol anytime soon.

welcome back Martin

Welcome back mate

Thanks Colin & Chris.

Two names I remember from the dim & distant past! It sure feels like a long time anyhow.

Welcome back indeed. Was it the hybrid engine that brought you back?I'm enjoying the infrequent trips to the petrol station so much I'm not sure I'll be going back to petrol anytime soon.

Cheers David.

Sort of - fortunately, my actual fuel cost is met by my employer, but they expect most folks to run about in small-to-medium diesels.

I feel a certain smugness from kicking that trend, and not worrying about particulate filters & dual-mass flywheels and any other associated diesel weakpoints.

Not to mention the smooth & quiet drive.

Other than that, I've always tended to choose something a bit 'different' and generally like the Lexus ethos.

The Honda was pretty good, certainly in terms of running costs. Maintainance was peanuts and it averaged 52mpg over the 70k I did in it, but I wanted to go back to an automatic, preferably with a bit more oomph and practicality.

The IS seemed to fit the bill, so here I am!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links