Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Folding Mirrors

Yes mate there is a kit that a nice chap from Oz has made.

Been looking into it but not brave enough to take my door car off to fit.

Message Michael and he will give you all the info you need.

He is a top bloke

Michael............michaelr@ashpoint.com.au

His forum name is ashpoint

Cheers mate. Not looking to retro fit just wondered if I missed a setting. Looks like I didn't. Once stuff is pulled apart just means more potential issues when putting it all back together.

Stu

Do you really want them to fold/unfold on locking/unlock all the time?

The reason I ask is that I'm also looking into how it was possible to do it on my current car, but actually decided against it for 2 reasons...

1) I don't know how good the motor or folding mechanism are and not sure how long they'd hold up to multiple uses per day, every day for years on end.

2) (and more importantly) when winter hits, and the cars are frosted to buggery, the mirrors wont always move so its generally unadvisable to fold them up in the coldest months...

Just food for thought.

Winter point is a good one. Just wondered if there was an option to turn the function on and off.

Stu

I know my car has no option to auto fold them. I don't know if the late 2011 refresh with the DRLs has the option.

My wife's 2013 RX can be set to either auto fold them or leave them where they are. I searched high and low through the manual and settings in the car to see if I could have this on mine but no joy. Although the only thing I find useful for this is to know the car is actually locked.

there is already topic on this including a pdf download on how to do it , well worth looking through with plenty of advice ... its heading is :- folding mirrors... its quite a easy install....

Allan

Is the isf different to the is with folding mirrors if not the kit from our man in Australia would do the trick...

Allan

Hi All,

Not quite the same thing but as we are talking about mirrors i was wondering why mine have stopped tilting downwards when reverse is selected, as they used to have i knocked some setting off or do i have a fault?

Also i noticed that if i select reverse as the first gear selection from start up, before the reversing camera screen comes up i get a similar message up on the screen as you get when you first select the sat nav screen where you have to press i agree to get the screen up, which i don't recall having this before, the reverse camera screen just came up as soon as reverse was selected and the mirrors tilted towards the floor automatically.

Anyone else had this?

Click the switch you use to select which side mirror you want to alter that is what turns the mirrors dropping when selecting reverse.

For the warning, have had 2 different actions depening on how old the car is, my RX you had to accept before displayed but then it was always on the satnav anyway so just pressed it when started the car, the ISF shows the message but auto times out after a few secs anyway (think the change was about 2010)