Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Less Popular Than Is300H? Special Day

Why is that because the IS250 is cheaper and some will prefer a pure petrol. Both motoring press and posters here seem to have ignored the IS250!

Next Saturday is a very special day, tell me what it is!?

Most Lexus vehicles sold are for company cars and the tax bracket makes a big difference. The 250 also doesn't compete well with the competition in terms of economy and power.

Expect the IS250 to be replaced with the IS200t within the next year.

I went and test drove both the IS300H and IS250 the other weekend thinking that i'd end up liking the IS250 more as i'm a bit of a petrol head. However the IS300H was surprisingly good and not slow, so when you look at all the other benefits it has, very low road tax or none if you get some variants, upto 60mpg then it's hard not to choose it over the IS250. Hence why I now have a IS300h on the drive.

If you're looking at tuning the car obviously the IS250 has more potential and is easier to tune, but not many owners will be looking for that.

All depends what sort of buyer you are of course!

Obviously if you're a company car buyer then the IS300H is going to be cheaper due to BIK tax and especially so if you do more than 5k miles a year.

For a private buyer, the IS250 is going to be cheaper to buy and if you do less than 5k miles a year, itd take 5 years to get the extra £3k back of buying the IS300h.

Residual wise, there's nothing in it from what I can see on the Lexus used website although the 300h will be easier to sell in the future.

Personally, I prefer the IS250 because of the smooth powertrain and the noise it makes under load, especially on the F-Sport variants. I even managed to get a service quote for 3 years of £752.34 which should be about the same as the IS300h. Also, due to the IS200t coming out sometime next year, keep an eye out for HEAVY discounts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links