Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knocking Noise Need Help

hi all need a bit of help and advice on this as its driving me mad.

I have a knocking noise coming from the front drivers side when I go over bumps but it disappears when I brake.

I cant see anything obvious but any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Is this an IS200? If so then it's a known problem that (as far as I know) no one seems to have got to the bottom of. I have it on mine - always been there, despite 3 different sets of shocks, I've also renewed the top suspension mount. If you get the front wheels off the ground, relax the suspension, then put it back down and drive the car the knock goes away for a short while, then comes back.

The popular reason was the valve in the shock absorber, but I now have Koni adjustables on, so unless they use the same valve inside then it's not that.

I've learned to live with it, but it still grates sometimes.

Sorry for the negative response.

Anyone else help here?

• 3 weeks later...

My Lexus has a similar annoying noise that comes and goes. Installed new shocks but the mystery noise is still there. Lexus told me that if I had spent £380 on getting their shocks instead of the ones I got from kwik fit that the noise would not be there. However from being a member here I can see that this is quite common on our cars. Mine emanates from the rear . It doesn't happen all the time either but all has been checked and mechanically the car is perfect so it's got to be a pixie hiding in my suspension.