Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300H F Sport V Is300H Fsport

My 300h is with the dealer and the loaner is a black GS300h F Sport on reddish leather.

Having driven about 100 miles my thoughts are:

Build quality slightly better than the IS, e.g. side pockets are a stronger plastic and the whole car just feels a bit more substantial.

The acceleration is the same (as far as I can tell in the real world).

The handling is not as sharp.

Sport S+ makes not discernible difference IMO

It's a roomier more luxurious drive which is very nice, but no nicer than the more sporty feel of the IS.

I missed the LFA style dash but liked the bigger nav display.

The exterior styling of the IS knocks the GS into a cocked hat IMO.

The loaner has the blind spot monitor which I liked and the rear shade, which whilst completely useless is a fun button to press lol.

Would I buy one next time, instead of the IS? Tough call. I loved the roomier interior and better quality finishing ( I guess weight an issue for the target IS market and emissions etc), the straight line performance pretty much the same so no issue there, but the styling just isn't there for me. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but next to the sharp rear lines of the IS and the aggressive front it doesn't do it for me.

Now the GS450h, well, I think I could get past the more modest styling knowing what was under the bonnet......

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Personally I never thought the 300h was suited to the GS. It doesn't give the same sensation of "big, butch and American".

The GS450h is a complete different ball game. The rear wheel steering itself is enough reason to buy it, it goes around corners like a fly!

My 300h is with the dealer and the loaner is a black GS300h F Sport on reddish leather.

Having driven about 100 miles my thoughts are:

Build quality slightly better than the IS, e.g. side pockets are a stronger plastic and the whole car just feels a bit more substantial.

The acceleration is the same (as far as I can tell in the real world).

The handling is not as sharp.

Sport S+ makes not discernible difference IMO

It's a roomier more luxurious drive which is very nice, but no nicer than the more sporty feel of the IS.

I missed the LFA style dash but liked the bigger nav display.

The exterior styling of the IS knocks the GS into a cocked hat IMO.

The loaner has the blind spot monitor which I liked and the rear shade, which whilst completely useless is a fun button to press lol.

Would I buy one next time, instead of the IS? Tough call. I loved the roomier interior and better quality finishing ( I guess weight an issue for the target IS market and emissions etc), the straight line performance pretty much the same so no issue there, but the styling just isn't there for me. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but next to the sharp rear lines of the IS and the aggressive front it doesn't do it for me.

I had a demo GS300h Lux whilst I was choosing what I wanted. I had almost the exact same thoughts. IS is sharper, GS is (even!) better built, more luxurious etc, a superb motorway mile muncher. However, I think I came to similar conclusions - the IS has 95% of the luxury/build/refinement, but is sharper to drive, more involving, has similar space and more practicality (boot size is identical but orientated differently). For me, with a choice (as the costs were similar too) it was IS, but given a GS, it wouldn't have been a hardship.

I also agree on GS450h, however costs ruled that one out for me!