Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phone Compability

Good day everyone,

Can anyone come up with a list of FULLY compatible mobile handsets for the [ IS300h premium] premium navigation system?

I had a similar hassle with my previous car - GS250 F sport - where my Samsung galaxy S3 mini would not transfer contacts which had the address field added to the contact to the car system, and I could never get the thing to talk to the internet.

Is it the handset, the service provider [ I've got Vodafone pay as you go], or the car computer/navigation unit ??

many thanks in anticipation.

Roger

I suspect the answer to your question is no. The Lexus produced matrix isn't correct as it states Iphone and texts don't work and they do. Well, for me anyway.

I guess there are too many variables and software changes for there to be a definitive list.

Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Thanks DJP,

It's the only aspect of the marque that is a bit disappointing - I'm surprised that a quality Japanese manufacturer cannot provide a fully compatible electronics package in 2014. My phone is a Samsung and so isn't an obscure type - I dare say you are correct that there are too many options to cater for. The website does have a listing of which phones are meant to be fully operational - with the wireless and the phone link updates etc. - but it asks for a type number for the Bluetooth which is not visible on the car software - well, I can't see it .

I have entered a few favourite phone numbers manually, as, for me, the ones I want in the car have address fields filled in on my mobile and so won't transfer.

I find it a bit sad that I can't use all the niceties the handbook says are available in my car.

I may ask the dealership if they have a computer/phone wizard to see if they can get any further with it.

All said - I love my car very much and do not hold these few problems against it.

best wishes,

My Iphone 5 mostly behaves itself when hooked up to my IS300h. I'd like to say it's perfect but ...

I've seen the contacts bug once;

I occasionally have to restart the car to have it see the phone.

99% there but not perfect ! I'm still running iOS6 which may have something to do with it.

Thanks DJP,

It's the only aspect of the marque that is a bit disappointing - I'm surprised that a quality Japanese manufacturer cannot provide a fully compatible electronics package in 2014. My phone is a Samsung and so isn't an obscure type - I dare say you are correct that there are too many options to cater for. The website does have a listing of which phones are meant to be fully operational - with the wireless and the phone link updates etc. - but it asks for a type number for the Bluetooth which is not visible on the car software - well, I can't see it .

I have entered a few favourite phone numbers manually, as, for me, the ones I want in the car have address fields filled in on my mobile and so won't transfer.

I find it a bit sad that I can't use all the niceties the handbook says are available in my car.

I may ask the dealership if they have a computer/phone wizard to see if they can get any further with it.

All said - I love my car very much and do not hold these few problems against it.

best wishes,

Roger - are you saying if you have more info filled out in the Android/Samsung phone book - addresses etc - the contact info for that contact doesn't transfer at all???

Phone is the worse part of the infotaining system imho.

Also an Iphone 5 user but running up to date IOS. Will work fine for ages then all of sudden phone goes off. Phone symbol with red line through it. Only way to get it back is to stop and restart the car.

Given up with the favourites and just use my direct contacts. Full access to call history is good though, I find most of these would be favourites anyway so you can get to them quickly that way.

Wifi for internet traffic is still a strange beast though, sometimes takes a while to crank up when you start the car (more Iphone issue I think re hotspot) but once the info starts coming through the data is good, but I've had to stop the car auto routing because it's very keen to re-route you at the first sign of traffic. It's more efficient to judge it myself before asking it to detour.

I would say B- if I was giving it a school mark.

Rather than stopping and restarting the car, have you tried just rebooting the audio system by depressing and holding down the volume button?

B- is about right and not good enough for this marquee of car.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Hi steve44

Yes. I have about 300 phone numbers in the handset. I want maybe 20 as car contacts, it seems that if I have addresses entered into the phone under the name (usually what one has for friends of course) then the paired Bluetooth will not transfer, so I end up with about 250 car contacts I don't want as I would never use them.

I have entered my car numbers manually now and turned off the auto sync.

Cheers.

roger

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links