Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressures/driving Techniques

Loving my 300h - had it 2 weeks now and 412miles.

Trying to find the tyre pressure reset switch - unless the ES does not have one although the

warning light shows on start up.

Anyway 51.1mpg is best average - not easy though have been driving carefully.........seems to be best around 55mph, under that and over 75mph seems to use more unless in EV mode.

Is it best to accelerate with purpose and then ease off??

Sport does make difference - puts a smile on your face.

J :rolleyes:

I did not think there was a tyre pressure sensor, never seen it on my luxury.

Lots of lights come on during start up, get the book out and identify the one you are talking about. ( not the ABS is it )

No, it is 'Tire pressure warning light' Pic of a tyre with an exclamation mark !!

The brochure says they all have them.

Might give the dealer a call - but did not want to appear to daft :hocus-pokus:

I'm working from memory but I think you'll find the reset button is underneath the steering wheel column, a tad fiddly to find. The instruction manual does need to be looked at as there is a procedure to follow. I think the sensor has a tolerance of about 6 pounds before the light will remain on after start up.

Also, rather unhelpfully IMO, you don't know which tyre has the problem (unless it's flat as a pancake, obviously!) as it's just a light that stays on.

Hope this helps.

Yes, the reset button is almost in the driver's footwell!

If you feel the underside of the front edge of the lower part of the dash, right in the middle, you'll find a recessed button.

With the car "ready", press and hold the button until the TPMS warning light flashes 3 times, then release.

Wait a minute or so, then switch the car off.

It seems a very odd place to put it, quite difficult to find until you know where it is.

If you have PCS, I think there's another button down there to turn that off, so you'd need to check which is which.

If your dealer is averagely useless, they will just keep resetting the TPMS instead of checking that there is actually enough air in all the tyres - that's how mine was handed over :eerrrmm:

that post was very timely: I spent 20 minutes last night looking for it and deciding that it was not there after all, so now I will look again, and in the right place this time...

1. Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the power switch off. Initialisation cannot be performed while the vehicle is moving.
  2. Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level.
  3. Turn the power switch to ON mode.
  4. Press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times.
  5. Wait for a few minutes with the power switch in ON mode and then turn the power switch off.

post-3469-0-21723000-1405324604_thumb.pn

Got a mirror out this morning to find mine. I have the reset button but not the "off" button by the side. There is a hole but no button.

Do you have PCS ?
Simple way to find out, but it could be an expensive lesson. Oops !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links