Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Auto Se 1999 Gearbox Power Problem

mista_khan

@Clifton 94

my mechanic is reluctant his saying it will mess it up lol, I said you just open the sump drain oil clean filter and re fit sump, ill fill the oil via dipstick myself lol.

ill do 1 litre at a time and slowly put in 5l over 5 mins or so.

then start it up and go through the gears at standstill before driving it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi if you only remove the sump and clean the filter only put 3 litres back in then run up the car then go through the gears then check the oil level with the engine running in park do not put 5 litres back in as this could overfill the gearbox

okay

went yesterday, but like a idiot I only told him to remove the sump bolt and not the whole sump , only around 500ml come out , put the bolt back on inserted 3 litres and now I think its over filled as the cars been stood overnight, and on the gearbox dipstick, its got the 4 dents, COOL and HOT measures, well standstill the tranny oil level is way over all 4 of the dents, so I think im going to go back today, get the whole sump removed, get the grill cleaned, put back together and I have fresh 2 litres of type 4 left and can put that back in and should be enough as its looking over filled atm.

yes I know I cocked up :( its like I totally forgot about the whole sump, bad times :(

ill have to purchase another 1 or 2 litres and in total 3 or 4 litres should be enough and in the next few weeks will get the whole sump removed and then refill with clean oil, but for the mean time gears have stopped dropping out of gear when braking sharp which is a good thing I guess lol

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone advise on the following problem,my is200 the management light came on and I lost drive, no noises etc and when parked up power is there and can move gear stick.

Had to be towed home.

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links