Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a sealent that repels water....and drys hard, RTV means "room temperature vulcanizing"

leading on from that? is this product intended for the use you have applied, if yes who makes it?

nope its not intended for filling rubber damping bushes :D the one i have used is made by Loctite

a sealent that repels water....and drys hard, RTV means "room temperature vulcanizing"

leading on from that? is this product intended for the use you have applied, if yes who makes it?

nope its not intended for filling rubber damping bushes :D the one i have used is made by Loctite

You rascal.........

note to self (steel idea from Mat)

Oh that's a good idea Mat....... i was going to suggest something similar.....anytime soooon :shifty:

so there i was............working nights again.....(or supposed to be)

Thought i would have a go at replacing the rubber diff mounts for the aluminum solid diff mounts

Old Diff mounts in subframe

olddiffbushes.jpg

Old diff mounts..........out of subframe

olddiffbushesout.jpg

new diff mounts, in nice painted subframe

newdiffbushesin.jpg

next i had a go at setting up the V-mount configuration for the radiator and intercooler, this took bloomin ages!!

Front, bonnet down

vmount1.jpg

front, bonnet up

vmount6.jpg

Top view

vmount4.jpg

Rear view

vmount3.jpg

Side view

vmount7.jpg

now im happy with the location i need to modify the radiator filler, and inlet / outlet pipes

and start to make up the brackets to hold it all into place, the intercooler inlet/outlets need changing aswell........time to crank up the TIG machine

just had a delivery by Fedex......

my pipes to make my turbo manifold

spdpipe.jpg

i think i may have ordered 2 much, however better to have too nuch than not enough

The custom collector...inside

spdcollectorinside.jpg

and outside

spdcollector.jpg

i have the head flange, now i have the pipes and collector, i ven have the turbo flange........soon i can start making the manifold :)

Edited by Monster-Mat

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, good job Thom has just gonr home.......

well today some bits were done to both drift lex....

The inside

both2.jpg

Both lex in workshop

both1.jpg

The fuel system, awaiting fuel lines

both3.jpg

Fibreglass bonnet (3.1 kilo)

both4.jpg

Spoilerless bootlid, New rear bumper skirt

both5.jpg

Both lex again....

both6.jpg

Swap shop.......changing of a few body panels around

both7.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

Question for you Mat if you don't mind?

During the construction of the 'driffty' i have watched passionately at the design of the suspension.... one area that puzzles 'me' solely due to a lack of understanding is 'why' doe's the 'driffty' have adjustable rear tie rods?

Not the Camber adjusters

Not the toe adjusters

but there are Longitudinal adjustable tie rods.... why is this?

The set-up is similar to the MR2 rear adjusters...... my 'uneducated' interpretation is that the adjusters align the drive train/Axel... is this the reason?

During the construction of the 'driffty' i have watched passionately at the design of the suspension.... one area that puzzles 'me' solely due to a lack of understanding is 'why' doe's the 'driffty' have adjustable rear tie rods?

Not the Camber adjusters

Not the toe adjusters

The set-up is similar to the MR2 rear adjusters...... my 'uneducated' interpretation is that the adjusters align the drive train/Axel... is this the reason?

pretty much so tony, however, im hoping shortly to have a fully adjustable front and rear suspension, fully adjustable in every needed plane, possible!

this is the stuff im hopefully trying to source from japan...if the sponser deal goes through!

Front Suspension

frontsuspensionsetup.jpg

consisting off..

Front lower pillow ball arm

pillowballtensionrodfront.jpg

front lower arm

frontlowerarm.jpg

front upper arm

frontupperarm.jpg

Rear Suspension set up

rearsuspensionsetup.jpg

consisting of....

rear lower arm

adjustablerearlowerarm.jpg

Rear upper arm

rearupperarm.jpg

rear traction rods

reartractionrods.jpg

rear toe control rods

reartoearms.jpg

Not the Camber adjusters

Not the toe adjusters

pretty much so tony, however, im hoping shortly to have a fully adjustable front and rear suspension, fully adjustable in every needed plane, possible!

this is the stuff im hopefully trying to source from japan...if the sponser deal goes through!

Front Suspension

frontsuspensionsetup.jpg

consisting off..

Front lower pillow ball arm

pillowballtensionrodfront.jpg

front lower arm

frontlowerarm.jpg

front upper arm

frontupperarm.jpg

Rear Suspension set up

rearsuspensionsetup.jpg

consisting of....

rear lower arm

adjustablerearlowerarm.jpg

Rear upper arm

rearupperarm.jpg

rear traction rods

reartractionrods.jpg

rear toe control rods

reartoearms.jpg

You are making me 'dribble'........ are these parts made to order?.... they look absolutely astounding quality!

The 3D geometry will be very interesting with all the adjusters fitted.... 'total control'.... i only hope WIM is ready when you are.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links