Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

well, bit of a lull at the moment, still waiting for some parts to arrive to finish of the induction pipework, ive managed to make most of the cold air box...

i started measuring up for the aluminium underbody aerodynamic sheeting...and managed to fit one under the engine, just needs fine trimming

still looking for more advertisers though, so if anyone wishes to advertise on the car, PM me

and im still looking for a main sponser

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

Dont suppose I could join you in the oil cooler purchase ?

i am awaiting Mark letting me know what sandwich plate will fit.......... :whistling:

made up the induction pipes and filter tonight, and made the lid for the cold air box

okey dokey some more pics to keep you going. click links to view

pic 1 SEE, the car does move...it was raining so this is as far as it went tonight

pic 2 And heres the proof it runs........Vapour coming out BOTH exausts

car was running for 2 hours to check things like fans were working

pic 3 I think someone will notice me Braking......with 5 brake lights

fog light loom was removed, all rear lights connected to the brake light circuit

pic 4 Cold air inlet, in Bumper for the air filter

using the right hand brake duct in the front bumper

pic 5 Cold air feed pipe from bumper to air box

made from 100mm aluminium ducting, as found in chimney Flues

Induction pic 1, showing cold air box, and Oil catch tank

2 litre oil catch tank, cold air box made from 1mm aluminium

Induction pic 2, different angle

Induction pic 3, with Cover fitted

cover was a pain to make, but fits snug

Aluminium sump guard

pic 9 this will prevent any damage to the sump or suspension on trips into the Kitty litter

thats all for now.......i promise to pull my finger out and get more work done......quicker :driving:

this week i am going to look at start fitting the Willans harness's

and aluminium floor plates inside the car, need to order some more ally sheets for underneath the car

and make up the seat mounts for the passenger side

forgot to add............went on a little jolly yesterday, about 6 miles(on trade plates)

it drove remarkebly well, only problem is the ETCS.have to push the accelerator to the floor to get it to rev, but it got to a sprightly 100mph, before realising that

a. non street legal race car, painted matt black and dayglo orange

b. public highway and amazed other road users

wasnt a good idea

as the car is much lighter now(about 400kg), AND MUCH LOWER AND STIFFER!!! the steering is so crisp and responsive, the handling is........well pretty dam amazing, however, i am a little concerned with the brakes......there too dam good now.

as the car is lighter, it doesnt take much to get them to (lock) activate the ABS

and it sounds pretty good......

forgot to add............went on a little jolly yesterday,  about 6 miles(on trade plates)

it drove remarkebly well, only problem is the ETCS.have to push the accelerator to the floor to get it to rev, but it got to a sprightly 100mph, before realising that

a. non street legal race car, painted matt black and dayglo orange

b. public highway and amazed other road users

wasnt a good idea

as the car is much lighter now(about 400kg), AND MUCH LOWER AND STIFFER!!!  the steering is so crisp and responsive, the handling is........well pretty dam amazing, however, i am a little concerned with the brakes......there too dam good now.

as the car is lighter, it doesnt take much to get them to (lock) activate the ABS

and it sounds pretty good......

:drewl:

I can't wait to see this beauty in action :driving:

Thanks pete,

the pictures and text dont really do Justice to the hours ive spent faffing about with stuff trying to get the whole package to work.

there has been lots of dead ends and fabrication required to overcome what initially seemed simple ideas.........

Pic of Car outside..after short jaunt 1

Pic of rear of car outside

WELL,WELL, WELL...................

got in the race car tonight to move it back onto the ramp........and.......it....runs perfectly :blink:

so all these bleedin check engine lights ive been having for the past 3 weeks, i have no idea about, and heres me just about to start re-tracing the moved wireing loom :crybaby:

all i can think is the short blasts i took the car on over the weekend must have reset the ecu and re-programmed its learning curve...whatever

it runs fine now, the ETCS works fine, so the only outstanding electrical problems now are the Heater controls, and the normal beam on the headlights.

WHOOPY WHOOPY DOO

Today i also started to mount the Harness's..and all is going swimmingly well so far

WELL,WELL, WELL...................

got in the race car tonight to move it back onto the ramp........and.......it....runs perfectly :blink:

so all these bleedin check engine lights ive been having for the past 3 weeks, i have no idea about, and heres me just about to start re-tracing the moved wireing loom :crybaby:

all i can think is the short blasts i took the car on over the weekend must have reset the ecu and re-programmed its learning curve...whatever

it runs fine now, the ETCS works fine, so the only outstanding electrical problems now are the Heater controls, and the normal beam on the headlights.

WHOOPY WHOOPY DOO

Today i also started to mount the Harness's..and all is going swimmingly well so far

Well Done Matt...cant wait to see your car all done up.... B) B) B) B) B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links