Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bicycle Racks

adnewton

Before I take the plunge, has anyone purchased and fitted bike rack to their CT?

Only looking for 2 bikes and fitted to rear opposed to roof. I obviously also want to ensure it does'nt damage my pride and joy.

Your recommendations are welcome.

i personally are not that healthy but i have seen this type of bike rack around

it is fitted directly onto a towbar hitch

http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products/carriers-and-racks/bike-carriers/towbar-mounted-bike-carriers

i have a feeling that the standard rear bike rack may not be suitable as the bodywork between the rear glass

and the number plate is plastic i maybe wrong this is just my thought.

i am sure lexus can help at a price

Hi, just for info there's a genuine lexus Ct bike rack for sale on ebay at moment. Plenty of pictures, but don't know why I can't paste link into this reply. Hope this helps

here is the link for you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-CT200h-Easy-Click-Bike-Holder-Bike-Carrier-Bike-Rack-/261533135914?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item3ce496f42a

• 4 years later...
On 5/18/2019 at 4:53 AM, Azra said:

I'm looking for a bike carrier. Can anyone recommend whether it is better to purchase either the roof or rear carrier?

It depends how strong you are feeling when you load the bike back onto the car after your ride and it also depends on how tall you are.Other factors include whether you want to restrict the rear view still further.....as it isnt the best in the CT unless you have a camera and having a bike on top of your car is of little use when entering restricted height car parks. As regards the make, most engineering minded folks wouldn't struggle with any make. People who throw away the instructions and combine this with no understanding of mechanical engineering will struggle with anything they choose. I find bicycle riding to be easier and safer to do in the living room , watching TV.

I looked at getting a tow bar mounted bike rack. There were plenty to choose from. Issue was I couldn't get a tow bar. Lexus say they no longer supply one,. Toyota say theirs is different and every supplier I contacted said no.  They are available in America but the shipping made it a non starter.