Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is 250 Owner

dkey

If the engine is not burning the oil then you must have a leak, if you have checked the coolant for oil contamination and there is none , then you must have leak, get a torch ,remove all the engine covers and look in all the nooks and crannies with the torch if you have a leak you should be able to see it ....maybe give the engine an oil change and change the grade of oil to maybe a 10/50 or even 20/50 , I have read some where that doing this can reduce oil consumption , keep us posted on how you get on......

Allan

The oil burning on the IS250 is a common occurrence and is nothing to be overly concerned about.

Mine has been using considerable amounts of oil since around the 80k mile service and its now done 135k. It's a bit of an odd one really. Doesn't burn it, doesn't leak it. After much reading on the subject I've come to the understanding that the barrels have become slightly scored allowing oil to seep past the piston rings.

There is no reduction in performance or anything else. The only downside is the extr oil being used. I'd say I use about 5 liters between 10k services.

Well no new yet, checking it every few days, doesnt seem to be going low. Will be doing lots of miles next week, will see then.

Where could I buy some engine cover clips for my is? Any links?

If you want clips for your engine covers eBay is the cheapest option especially if your not in a hurry.... You can buy the clips from china suppliers for less than 20 pence each and they fit perfectly, there is a seller in the midlands area selling clips for £4.25 for 10 clips if you can't wait 2-3 weeks from china.......keep an eye on that oil ,maybe use a thicker oil 10/50 this might reduce the oil consumption ....

Allan

Thanks everybody! Got some from China x 10 for 2 euros. Going to the dealer next week, will ask them to check that oil problem. Local aftermarket parts shop offered me SRS stainless back box. Gives nicer sound and looks nice. My ones looks so bad, black as tar. Price for one is 60-90 e depends what size. Anybody has is done?

Prob stick with injen intake. Anybody has changed their stock mufflers with aftermarket ones like N1 or something. Looked under the car today and realised that the pipes should be extended for the muffler to reach the bumper cutout for muffler. Stock mufflers r massive and pipe comes in on right side of it and comes out on left just out the bumper. Defo have to change the stock ones, looks pretty bad, any idea why, is it normal to be that black? Seen the other is250 stock mufflers, looking way better. Heres the photo

10599454_10204752667441278_5775090350448
10600491_10204752666441253_3131487511433