Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is 250 Owner

dkey

Hello everybody! I bought IS250 two weeks ago. 80k miles on it, cream leather, full electrics. Missing the sat nav tho :/

Have got it polished and got brand new 18 inch alloys. Few pics below. Plans in future is get a lip kit, change backbox and tint windows.

Euz4RqVs.jpg xZiM6cbs.jpg TMrdxxjs.jpg

• Like 1

Hey everybody! Nice to hear a word from u. Its automatic gear box. First automatic and first Lexus. Just love it!

alloys is a RIVA brand, cant tell the model cause lost the invoice. Wanna get it lowered, what could u recommend guys? Coilovers just to dear, local car part seller qouted me ~900e for set. Thinking about lowering springs.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Sorry can't help with the suspension lowering,where are you looking for coilover prices?

What's the road tax in Ireland,heard it is quite steep although the manual IS250 is much dearer than the automatic here in the UK.

Its 1080 e for a year. Doesnt matter is it manual ir automatic, same price. Local shop offered me coilovers. Anyone here who has 18 inches on and 20 or 30 mm lowering springs? Would love to see the examples.

Looks good, what paint did you use ? I used hammerite when I painted my is 200 calipers and it's still good after 8 years and the decals are still perfect , I did use proper caliper paint on my is250 a couple of months ago and I think the hammerite paint is better and will last longer.....

Allan

Hey! Got the paint at my local parts shop. Caliper paint it is called. Couldnt find anything else in my town. Anybody of u has a lowered is 250 on 18 inch wheels?

Cleaned calipers with steel brush, brake cleaning spray and then painted it. 3-4 times each

That thing in photo, glasses holder? I cant open it, feels like it stuck. Wanna get LED lighting installed, cant get to the screws. Here's photos

XSokEcss.jpg Eaab1EZs.jpg

No it's not a sunglasses holder.....that only applies on USA variants. Behind that is an alarm sensor. The cover you are looking at is hinged from the windscreen side. You will need to drop it down to reveal 2 cross head screws that must be removed to get the dome light unit out of the roof lining.

Just found it lol credit card opened. Thought its a glasses holder with 300$ worth shades stuck in it haha. Thanks anyway

No it's not a sunglasses holder.....that only applies on USA variants. Behind that is an alarm sensor. The cover you are looking at is hinged from the windscreen side. You will need to drop it down to reveal 2 cross head screws that must be removed to get the dome light unit out of the roof lining.

Hey anybody has their interior lights changed? Could u give me a list of all bulbs? I have seen that thread with installation guide and list, but its named pretty weird. Not like 501 and so on.

Would those 20mm lowering springs change the look? Dont wanna get it too low

RGXqE3Ns.jpg

Welcome David. Your car looks to be the same colour as mine. Enjoy!

Normski will be back to you shortly I expect about the bulbs, it was he who guided me on changing mine. It's a job well worth doing, the outcome is really good.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the story..

Last week was coming back from friends on motorway and got message on dashboard saying low oil level. Got back home, let engine cool down and checked. It was below the bottom mark. Filled it with about 1.6 - 1.7 liters of 5w30 oil. Checked again and it was in middle level, between the upper and lower dots. Did about 400km during the week and checked it again. It was lower then week ago.

Lets say that space between two dots has 6 levels. After filling it was in middle, level 3. Now its at level 2. Stupid explaining but hopefully u will understand.

Didnt notice any oil spots on my parking area, looked under, couldnt see any, it has the covers tho. I think is burning oil.

Exhaust smoke looks kinda white... Engine doesnt sound strange or smthn, statrs good, revs doesnt go up and down for no reason. It uses about 10 liters of petrol for 100km mixed driving. I checked coolant tanks cap, no white things on it lookin like mayonnaise, neither on that caps rubber pipe.

Whats next guys?

P.S. few years ago I had 1.4 golf mk4. It was burning oil, my friend mechanic fixed it. Change some oil rings and stuff. Is this the same thing?

Thank you

check to see what colour the exhaust smoke is on start up after being left for a while. You should expect to see blue smoke if it is burning oil

Well checked it on cold engine, no blue smoke only bit of white smoke. Then checked it after 30 miles, there was no smoke at all, or just that much I couldnt see.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links