Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Points

Hello, have to make a decision on an is300 this week and am considering the f sport which does not have the sat nav, which is ok as I have a tom tom but not sure where the power point is and how many, not keen on running long power leads if I can help it, is their one in the boot?

Keith

• Like 1

Just an update, went to my dealers yesterday, armed with a USB lead, and I could run it from the dash, into the usb port, and from the back seat, and the cover closed ok with the cables running from both directions, I assume the USB would power a Tom Tom?

Shame that there is not a power point in the rear/boot

Hi Keefey56,

I have a Tom Tom running off the USB and it works and charges fine. I ran a cable over the back side of the arm rest, which is hidden by the seat. This cable goes all the way around under the hard plastic of the centre unit and up to under the steering wheel. I also ran another cable to the boot for a cool box that I occasionally use. Additionally I have headrest DVD players running off the cig lighter socket.

Hope this helps

Mark

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

post-49241-140595849315_thumb.jpg

Both the USB ports are 5V 2.1A so they'll power tablets and phones, etc. Many cars only have 1A ports so they won't power tablets and 3rd party sat navs, etc.

Thanks for the replies, really useful, and will help in making final decision, I have a CD slot bracket that mounts the Tom Tom, and that should be at a decent height when in use.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links