Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aux Input Adaptor

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have almost finished the AUX input adaptor for the IS200/300 OEM Head Unit.

This will allow an aditional input from any other given device like a MP3, to a DVD player etc.. Will give you CD quality sound, thus avoiding the use of an FM modulator.

It will feature a on/off switch - 1v-4v input adjustment-Built in Ground loop isolation and a Mini Volume control.

Again - This device like others will be available from the LOC on-line Store shortly.

Pricing will be announced there.

When I was looking to buy a Lexus I asked why there was nothing as simple as an "aux" input for all those with ipods, MD etc. Got a dismissive reply so glad to see that there is such interest in this. :offtopic: Nor did I know that although there is an outside temperature gauge in the RX it does not warn you that the temperature is getting near to freezing so is not a safety feature like on the Passat which gives a pleasant chime to warn you. Also the display flashes. Maybe Lexus put it there for weathermen. Do they read these postings? THey could learn a lot from VW.

• 5 months later...

I know I'm joining this thread a bit late but I wanted to ask you if you or anyone else produced looms for sale?

I'd like a loom to inject a different image onto my Lexus Sat Nav screen using a converter from converters.tv.

How about a loom to allow AUX audio input?

With all the plugs prewired ofcourse.

regards

squareeyes

i have been making lexus wiring harnesses for years for lexus factory cd changers and navigation system add ins. the toyota cd changer port not only has different pinouts but only has 1 set of communication lines. the lexus has 2 and sometimes 3 sets. those are the txm- txm= txs- txs= wires on the schematic . so there is no way the lexus headunit is going to recognize a toyota cd changer adapter input. blitzsafes toyota adapter does not work on any lexus. they made some for lexus model but  had no idea that every lexus has a different wiring relation with the amp and headunit. they pulled the lexus aux adapters almost immediately after releasing them several years ago. even the ones that seemed to work initially started cutting the sound out every 7.5 seconds which was the communication line interference from the cd changer  to the headunit correctly................................................................. it appears the lexus factory  navigation system headunits on the 2001 up models are easier to add in dvd and xm radio but that is still in the experimental stage in the usa but has been done on the 2001 ls430 that i know of. with headunit controlled through the cd changer port. the screen reads out disc and track numbers but they represent the station number when xm hooked up. so station 120 reads disc 1 track 20. .  so it is possible to make a direct connction to the headunit on a lexus that is for sure. the 2005 ls430 is finally xm compatible from the factory.

I know I'm joining this thread a bit late but I wanted to ask you if you or anyone else produced looms for sale?

I'd like a loom to inject a different image onto my Lexus Sat Nav screen using a converter from converters.tv.

How about a loom to allow AUX audio input?

With all the plugs prewired ofcourse.

regards

squareeyes

Prolex uk are doing something like you want for those with the OEM sat nav. I'll try and find the link ;)

• 9 years later...

That socket is, I believe, a cd changer connection.

Pinouts here (at the bottom of the page). Ignore the 6 pin connections (and probably the wire colours).

You'll get quite a few google hits with 'toyota 12 pin audio' or similar

Ah, yeah, you're probably correct. The pins I labelled above should still be correct tho, these came from a wiring diagram supplied by the Altezza dealer. Hmmm, tho the diagram does label the connection as TV Tuner...

CD-TV%20Wiring.jpg

Will let you know how it goes as my research continues...

Thanks for the links & info.

I sent you a pm about the wiring diagram

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links