Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eibach Pro Kit?

Edwardo1988

I have a 2004 Is 200 Sport and only want to slightly lower it by about 15-20mm.

Mainly just looking to improve handling and stiffin up the ride.

There is a set of these on eBay at the minute for £160 plus £20 postage.

Im tempted but does anyone have a pic of their car with these springs fitted to standard shocks as i just want to have an idea of what they will look like?!

thanks.

Hi Wardy,

the Eibach's will lower it about 25mm all round (only 10mm more on the Sport as it is already 15mm lower anyway). On mine the front looked ok but the back was still up in the air to much for me. The other thing to remember is by putting uprated springs with standard dampers, the dampers will try and work too hard and can make it a bit more "bouncy". Also after 10 years the dampers wont be at their optimum anyway anymore.

I actually decided to go to coilovers and had a set of Meister R'S fitted yesterday, I will post pics shortly. The Meister's have softer spring rates than the BC's or Tein's and are a far better set up for British roads. So far feels great, only marginal change in the ride but the handling is transformed.

Hope that helped a bit

• Like 1

Hi thanks that's definitely helped.

I will wait and see how bouncy the ride is...

Coilovers will probably be a bit on the stuff side for me...

Possibly upgrading my shock absorbers with the eibach springs will be an option...

Any particular shocks that works well with eibachs?!:

Hi,

2 things I would say here.

Firstly the ride I have now with the coil overs is actually better than I had with standard springs and Eibachs, and I have heard that the Koni shocks are a bit hard even on the lowest setting which is the only adjustable option.

Secondly a set of Koni's and Eibachs would cost more than the Meister R's without the level of adjustability (32 settings)

Hi Edwardo,

Picture of my Lexus with suspension mods attached. this is Meister R coilovers, Eibach Roll bars and spacers (15mm at front 20mm at rear). Have also put a pair of Continental Sport 5's on the front which feel much better than the Sport Maxx. Have to say the ride quality is better now than standard.

Coilovers cost £699. Koni shocks and Eibach springs would cost about £750 - 800 if you shop around, and easy choice for me.

Wow, it really looks well and sits lovely.

Gorgeous car.

I've decided to proceed and order the eibach pro kit but I must now also consider the wheel spacers too! So 15mm front and 20mm will be ok with my standard 17 5 spoke alloys?

Have 215/45 all round...

Don't want any rubbing issues just want to fill the arches out!..

Hi,

Thank you, the garage I take it to have done a great job and I am very pleased.

the Eibach's will bring the front down nicely and the 15mm fill the arches with no issues at all.

I went for 20mm at the rear but if i hadn't had the coilovers fitted would have gone for 30mm. 20mm looks nice at the rear but still doesnt quite fill the arches and you may be disappointed at the drop at the back from the springs, it does still leave quite a gap and gives the nose down look that some like, but wasnt what i was looking for, hence the coilovers.

good luck

• Like 1

Wow, it really looks well and sits lovely.

Gorgeous car.

I've decided to proceed and order the eibach pro kit but I must now also consider the wheel spacers too! So 15mm front and 20mm will be ok with my standard 17 5 spoke alloys?

Have 215/45 all round...

Don't want any rubbing issues just want to fill the arches out!

Hi again Edwardo,

Just to ask if you have had the Eibach's fitted yet?

I took mine back and had it raised by 10mm at the back and 5mm at the front as it was rubbing and a bit of negative camber at the back too. I may get the rear arches rolled as it is only about £30 - 40 a side and then I have no issues at all, but so far raising it slightly has done the trick.

Just to give you an idea of ride height. As we all know the standard car does ride pretty high with a front down stance. Fitting the Eibachs does help but probably in reality takes it down by about 25mm all round leaving a fair gap at the rear (which I still didn't think looked right). The garage who fitted my coil overs reckon that from standard the front has gone down about 40mm and the back by 50 - 55mm and there is still a very small gap between tyre and arch so clearly a lot of scope to lower the car without any issues.

I will retake some pics now it has been raised a bit to show how it finally looks. the other thing to bear in mind is that the back will drop from almost no fuel to a full tank by a few mm so bear that in mind when lowering the car.

good luck

Hi I haven't lowered it yet but the springs have arrived.

Car is away getting trd kit fitted but once I have it back I will post a few pics.

I look forward to seeing your pics!

• 1 month later...

Hi I've fitted the eibach pro kit to the standard shocks myself, as stated above, the front has dropped very nicely (perfectly in my eyes...)

The rear does sit slightly higher than the front but the handling of the car has been transformed and that's before I even get the car aligned.

Very happy I proceeded with the springs.

Thanks for all the advice.

Pics to follow...

• 2 weeks later...

do you still have your original sport front coil springs? if so and you don't want them I'd be interested in buying them off you

I found out this week at mot time that one of mine has a snapped coil so am after a standard replacement, finding replacement springs for a sport model seems to be difficult!

thanks

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links