Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nx In The Wild

Hi all,

I'm a company car and due to change my BMW 330d in October. Perfect timing for the NX300h. I've had quotes from my lease company, and the car is coming out about £100 a month cheaper than the 330D. Thats money thats hard to ignore.

Only problem is - as there's no vehicles anywhere in the UK actually SEE the car I'd be ordering "blind".

I appreciate that I might not be able to drive one -but does anyone have any information on where Lexus might be putting one in a show / festival or some such ? There was one at a Flower Show recently, but I was not able to get to that.

My milage has changed from 30k a year to about 5k - and my work commute is now about 1 mile. Love to see if I can eek out that electric power to get me to work lol (I think its half a mile only though right ? And would it do it from a cold start after being on the driveway all night ?)

Not sure when dealers are getting them but I believe Lexus GB have one or two in the country - not sure if you will be able to view or not. Dealers are only getting a small allocation for 2014 so finding the colour/trim level you require may be difficult if you wait too much longer.

As for the electric only (EV) mode, you can probably get around 1 mile if the Battery was fully charged up. When you first 'start' the vehicle you can select EV mode before the petrol engine starts but you have to be very gentle with the throttle and keep under 30 mph to remain in EV mode. You have no control over the charge of the Battery, if the Battery was almost empty when you got home from work you won't be able to go very far the next morning before the petrol engine cut in.

Hi all,

I'm a company car and due to change my BMW 330d in October. Perfect timing for the NX300h. I've had quotes from my lease company, and the car is coming out about £100 a month cheaper than the 330D. Thats money thats hard to ignore.

Only problem is - as there's no vehicles anywhere in the UK actually SEE the car I'd be ordering "blind".

I appreciate that I might not be able to drive one -but does anyone have any information on where Lexus might be putting one in a show / festival or some such ? There was one at a Flower Show recently, but I was not able to get to that.

My milage has changed from 30k a year to about 5k - and my work commute is now about 1 mile. Love to see if I can eek out that electric power to get me to work lol (I think its half a mile only though right ? And would it do it from a cold start after being on the driveway all night ?)

Also bear in mind that the 300h is a dog compared to a 330d. You'll feel like you're slowing traffic down. Ideally, it needs the 450h combo.

Colin - thanks for the reply. There's at least one - they had it in the Hamton Court Flower show (http://blog.lexus.co.uk/2014/07/hampton-court-palace-says-hello-to-the-lexus-nx/#.U9UynfldWKU).

Order time is a concern too. However, my lease company will let me keep the BMW past the 2 year lease until the new NX is available without financial penalty (pros of being a company car driver I guess). Unless its going to be more than 6 months ... then that's a different problem.

Do we know how long it takes to fully charge the Battery for use in EV mode ?

Rayaans .. I know the NX is going to be nothing like the 330d. But I'm struggling to get any time in the BMW .. as I said . just work commute is under 1 mile - and takes me about 90 seconds. 260BHP is wasted. Other times I've either got a dog in the boot, the wife, or a load of scuba diving gear.

I think nearly 200BHP will be enough to get me to work and home lol

Do we know how long it takes to fully charge the battery for use in EV mode ?

The system doesn't really work like that. It will actively charge the Battery when flat to around 1/3 to 1/2 capacity, after that it won't waste energy charging the Battery - the Battery will be charged based on energy recovery from the brakes or excess energy it can use from the engine, so depending on how it is driven and the conditions the Battery may get fully charged or it may not.

In your situation you may find one journey could be entirely on batteries, another completely on the petrol engine but on average you will have a mixed journey with the engine cutting out when possible. It may be worth giving an IS300h a quick test drive to give you a feel, the NX uses the same engine and hybrid system although it has slightly less power as Lexus have detuned it to meet certain emission targets.

There is an NX in Toyotas UK Head Office in Burgh Heath, Surrey. I saw it on Friday and know someone who works there and it's still there

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 2 weeks later...

So not being able to test drive, or even get to see a NX I decided there was only one course of action. And that was to order one.

Order placed.

Celestial Black NX 300h F-Sport with Premium Nav, with Panoramic Roof.

Roll on October.

So not being able to test drive, or even get to see a NX I decided there was only one course of action. And that was to order one.

Order placed.

Roll on October.

Excellent, lucky guy.

I am waiting for my invite to my local dealer in September for a pre-launch party. Wont be changing just yet as my Q5 is only just under 18 months old. More than likely when I've had it 3 years.

That could all change when I see it though :driving:

Order placed.

Roll on October.

Wow!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...