Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Problems After Towing Caravan

Greetings guys.

There's my story.

I bought my GS300 1998 with 131k miles 7 months ago. The seller was old guy. I has been told the only problem with that car is that ABS indicator is on and there's no other bad bits on this car.

I bought it and done about 3k miles in past 7 months. In that time there was few times when abs indicator faded and camed again after few weeks. When abs was on i really didint felt any bad things,

car was running alright. When abs indicator went off almost every time i pushed the brake pedal,

there was electric flushing sound and vibrating on pedal. In other words it looked like abs is working on every car stop. Sometimes abs indicator camed along with VSC off and VSC.

Week ago I bought caravan in Derby. It was abi jubilee 4 berth 1100kg. I towed it about 30 miled without any problem. And then suddenly car lost the acceleration and engine malfunction indicator camed on. There was no response from gas pedal at all. I let the car cool down for about an hour.

Started engine and there was no indicators on in dashboard. Driver about 2 miles and same happened again. I shut the engine and called for recovery.

When recovery delivered me and my car to home i tried to start engine and drive. Everything seemed to be fine. Until next day. Same thing happened again. I bought engine oil and auto transmission liquid. Brought car to garage. Garage guys refiled oil and liquid. While i tried to drive

home suddenly VSC+VSC off+ABS + engine indicators came off and again no response from gas pedal, RPM get to 1.1k (usually on parking is 0.8k) and looked like that car entered safe mode. Lexus was slowly moving forward on speed same as drive mode without pushing gas pedal. Shuted engine, had a fag, started again. 1 mile and same happened.

What to do now :( maybe somebody knows what causes things like that? Is this the end of transmission? or just sensors fails?

Thank you!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links