Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

the Lexus SC250

mercury

hey everyone, im new here

i have a lexus ls400 right now, and i was going to buy another used model of the SC series.

Anyway, i was looking around and i found a Lexus Sc250 which really catches my eye.

Its from 1991, and has low miles, and one owner.

What I was wondering about was is the 250(from 1991) the same body style of the 300, and 400? and also if anyone knows what the differeneces of the 250 from the rest, and horsepower, and all the otehr specs too...thanks in advance :)

Hi Mercury,

Welcome to the Club.

As far as I know the SC250 has the same body as the 300 and 400. I am unsure about the peformance specs but i will do a little bit of research and see what i come up with.

I have been in an SC400 and the whole car feel and style is very nice! plus of course the power of the 400 was great!

Have you chosen the 250 turbo?

• 1 month later...

So is it powered by the 2JZ-GTE motor then? Is the SC250 the same thing as the Soarer 2.5GT?

They are one in the same car, just a different name.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Looks like very few Soarer Twin Turbo owners get in here, the Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT & GTTL was only released in the "home" market and not for export.

The TT is faster than the V8 versions, lower gearing in first and final drive give the TT a 0.5sec 0-60mph advantage with 280ps (flywheel) over the 260ps for the early V8 4.0Ltr.

The TT is the same basic body as the Soarer or SC300/400 and uses the 1JZ-GTE motor, similar in design to the 2JZ engine from the Supra and Aristo, it is easily tuned with boost mods, exhaust, & intake mods taking it to around 330bhp. Anything beyond this will require the ceramic turbos to be replaced with steel items as they tend to destroy themselves at anything over 14psi.

Trim levels range from very basic to full option, about the only thing not on the TT is the sat-nav/touch TV screen or Air sprung TEMS, the TT does have TEMS (coil & shocker) as an option.

Have a look at my site http://web.ukonline.co.uk/soarertt/ for more info.

• 9 months later...

Welcome from a fellow new memeber mecury! From what bill has told me and from my own research, the sc250 and the soarer tt are one and the same beast, although I have never heard of one stateside. I'm working on being one of the few, if not the first sc250 to be in the states :arrrggg-matey:

The 3.0 engine is supposed to be the same as the supra non turbo, and the one I drove was fast indeed. Not as fast as my TT, but fast enough.

The only problems I have had as yet is the fuel pump ecu and the stock brakes going all wonky. Both of which are easy to fix, just got to find a good source for calipers, rotors, and pads.

I just wanted to add for all you soarer owners, if bill or your local parts sources can't find ya something, drop me an e-mail and I'll see what I can find here on okinawa.

Good luck mate!

• 10 months later...

'Trim levels range from very basic to full option, about the only thing not on the TT is the sat-nav/touch TV screen or Air sprung TEMS, the TT does have TEMS (coil & shocker) as an option'

I am new soarer TT owner, there is a screen/TV/nav-sat on her although it is not a touch screen, does anyone know it is make sense? Also I am looking for a DVD player for it, is it possible to play with this screen (I know it is for NTSC only)?

OK, this thread is old, but lets clear some things up!

In Japan, the Toyota Soarer was sold as 2.5TT, 4.0V8 and 3.0.

In America, the more basic versions were sold as the SC400 (4.0V8) and SC300 (3.0). The 2.5TT was never sold in America.

A lot of people (most) badge their Jap Soarers as Lexus, becuase it is more classy:) Most say Lexus Soarer, but some go the whole hog and call it the 'proper' Lexus name (SC300/SC400). I have never seen it, but as a 2.5TT would have been called a SC250 if it was ever released in USA or UK, some people would badge it Lexus SC250.

The TT did come with a rare option of the screen, which I assume you can hook up a DVD to aux ports (not sure if it has any). The best bet is buy one from USA or Canada, which are NTSC and most are multi region, so will play our DVDs aswell.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...