Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Fob Battery Replacement

Get them from eBay....cheap as chips.

Type is in the instruction manual...think it may be CR1632...not totally sure.

You can lever it apart (gently!) and get the spec off the one that's in there.

• Thanks 1

Don't forget that the car works even with no key fob Battery. So you'll never be stuck if the Battery runs out.

You can use the metal key to open the doors (the door handles have a plastic cover over the keyhole).

To start the car, press start with the key fob, or have the fob directly over the button when pressing.

I' d suggest buying a pack or CR1632 batteries off eBay, and keeping one on the car as a spare in the future.

• Thanks 1

Both our key fob batteries have been getting weaker for weeks till 1 of them would not lock or unlock the car but would still start it. we live in Blackpool and use Lexus Stockport for servicing etc. we gave Gino the service manager a call and he posted 2 out to us. Great service yet again from them.

• Thanks 1

£30 now that is rip off, don't you just loose a bit of faith with lexus main dealers when you hear these things ?....as someone has already said, buy your fob batteries from eBay , I paid £4.00 for 4new batteries with a four year out of date stamp on them, another tip when replacing fob batteries is use the end of the second fob key to wedge open the fob there is a slot in one corner that is a perfect fit for the end of the key......

Allan

• 5 years later...
On 8/8/2014 at 2:03 PM, ChumpusRex said:

Don't forget that the car works even with no key fob battery. So you'll never be stuck if the battery runs out.

You can use the metal key to open the doors (the door handles have a plastic cover over the keyhole).

To start the car, press start with the key fob, or have the fob directly over the button when pressing.

I' d suggest buying a pack or CR1632 batteries off eBay, and keeping one on the car as a spare in the future.

Ive been wondering since I brought the car why there was a Battery in the ashtray! Cheers 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links