Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 Is220D Front Caliper Problem

Lindsey

Hi all,

The brakes were not feeling right on my IS220D (in spite of a recent service by Lexus, and full Lexus service history. I bought new disks and pads, but when the wheels were removed, both front calipers turned out to be seized.

One was persuaded off - when trying to remove the other, the bolt broke in the bottom slider - I have spent most of the day trying to buy the NSF pad carrier and bottom slider without going through Lexus, who want silly money for this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have tried Euro Car Parts but they are not sure they do it, they've asked for the Lexus part number, but the only thing stamped on it appears to be 72E.

Thanks,

Lindsey

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I would be asking your Lexus dealer why despite a FLSH the caliper has seized up! Having said that I've heard that the slider pins don't get looked at during a brake service!

Part number for the LH caliper carrier bracket (Mounting Front Disc Brake Cylinder) is 47722-53060

( around £130.00 at Lexus)

Part number for the slide pins is 47715-52190

(around £8.00 each)

The bracket is unlikely to be available aftermarket so maybe a breakers for a good secondhand one.

Not sure if this would work or affect the integrity of the bracket but as the caliper pin fits into a blind hole could a hole be drilled in from the opposite side and after applying a good dose of penetrating oil the pin drifted out with a punch?

Once the pin is out thread the newly made hole and fit a suitable blanking bolt.

Huge stroke of luck, a breakers yard 40 miles away got in a Lexus, I got it for £20 and it's being fitted now. Huge relief - thank you all. And the best past it, this one obviously hasn't been serviced by Lexus, no rust and freely moving slider pins!

• Like 1

Guest bigbullhead

Just a foot note to this if anyone needs pins kit I paid 89 pounds fitted for both rear at my last service at Toyotech salfords gatwick :)