Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lane Changing Signal

1 hour ago, mpls said:

1. Ignition OFF, hold the wiper switch in the all the way up (OFF) position, turn ignition ON, engine not running, and continue to hold the wiper switch in the OFF position for 5 seconds or more
2. Move wiper switch down 1 position and HOLD for 5 seconds or more
3. Move the wiper switch up to OFF position and hold for 5 seconds or more
4. Move wiper switch down 1 position and hold for 5 seconds or more
5. Release the wiper switch. The right turn signal should flash 1 time

So this is part of the procedure... I can't seem to get it working,,

Point 1 - what is the wiper OFF position,? should that not be the postion that it is in by default, ? is there a need to hold it ? i thought all the way up is the manual on for turning wiper on ?

Hi M, I put the original post up in 14, are you pressing the start button twice to light the dash up fully?.

It is as you say the manual wipe position of the wiper arm.

Maybe hold for a good 10 sec., I set my GS300h 12 months ago and it worked fine.

It can take a few trys for it to work.

D

On 8/14/2014 at 5:31 PM, DJP said:

It does take bit of getting used but I like it. Initially I was trying to cancel it and it must have looked like I couldn't make up my mind whether i wanted to turn left of right!

I thought I was the only one with this problem.... So what is the correct way to cancel indicators (not the overtaking mode)  ?

2 hours ago, Hadrian said:

I thought I was the only one with this problem.... So what is the correct way to cancel indicators (not the overtaking mode)  ?

Hi Alan, if you're used the full indicator mode it sould cancel itself, I use this method,  if I'm turning right at a roundabout full indicator, then as I pass the second junction tap down twice to cancel full mode then set overtaking mode to exit. 

Using overtaking mode in the opposite direction will cancel a full indicator. 

Hope this makes sense. 

D

2 hours ago, Dixgas said:

Hi Alan, if you're used the full indicator mode it sould cancel itself, I use this method,  if I'm turning right at a roundabout full indicator, then as I pass the second junction tap down twice to cancel full mode then set overtaking mode to exit. 

Using overtaking mode in the opposite direction will cancel a full indicator. 

Hope this makes sense. 

D

Thanks David, I will try this next time I find a bit of  quiet road. 

On 7/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, Dixgas said:

Hi M, I put the original post up in 14, are you pressing the start button twice to light the dash up fully?.

It is as you say the manual wipe position of the wiper arm.

Maybe hold for a good 10 sec., I set my GS300h 12 months ago and it worked fine.

It can take a few trys for it to work.

D

Thanks David..  I'll give it a go..