Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi is their anyone that could help me? I started car today and i have a totally blank screen on the display unit which means i have no sat nav air con heater or anything my radio wasnt working either. After checking the fuses i found the radio one which was blown so radio working again but nothing from the sat nav unit still totally dead can anyone help thanks

Paul

Hi yeah I have tried all the buttons but they are dead the lights on all the buttons don't light up either I disconnected the Battery left it for half hour reconnected it and still nothing also took the multimedia out the dash disconnected all the plugs from back then put back in and still nothing . My Battery was dead when car was at paint shop getting work done so the guys used a booster pack on it and since then I have had no display screen working.

Have you checked all the fuse boxes (I think there may be 4 - two under the bonnet and one in each footwell)?

It sounds as if the paint shop may have blown something when they boosted the car. If you are lucky, it will just be another fuse somewhere (like you found the the radio). If not, you may need to have a "difficult conversation" with the owner of the paint shop over where liability lies ...

I will try the other fuse boxes only checked one under bonnet and one at drivers footwell I will have a look tonight thanks. I found a fuse or what looks like a fuse under bonnet marked as noise control I have no idea what that is but put continuity testers across it and had no reading as if it was blown but as I say have no idea what it is. Have you any knowledge of this ? Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi yes it was simple it was just a fuse I didn't know at the time their were 2 fuse boxes in the car one on drivers side and also passengers side. Think 2 fuses had blown and I changed them and everything was fine. This was after I took the system out the dash thou, just my luck ha. If the fuses are not blown take system out of dash and just make sure all plugs are in. Hopefully you can solve this problem. Their is a system secret start up I checked out on you tube and it gives a system check I will try find this again for you and let you know.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

That's handy to know - checked mine tonight and it had fault codes running back to 2009 / 2011 and 2012- have reset them all to see if they re-occur. I can see the reverse camera calibration becoming handy for some people.

Was hoping to see if it would report on a non working DVD player but stated it was "OK"

Anyone know of any other "secret" menu's ?