Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is 300H Executive Edition Order

Hi there,

Just joined and my first post, please be gentle.

My current company car deal for a Mercedes E Class Coupe 250 AMG Auto is ending soon.

As a result of trying to get the company car tax down for my next car I have looked around and found the Lexus IS 300h Executive Edition.

I am just about to confirm the order and would appreciate any input or advice regarding the car.

One thing I and struggling with is the choice of leather.

I will be taking the base solid black colour as the paint, no extras allowed I am afraid.

Is it best just to stick with the black leather or should I look at the grey or ivory?

Does anyone have photos of the interior with the colour combos?

The website is not brilliant for that.

Other than that any tips are welcome, I take it from this forum there does appear to be specific techniques for drivinng and I will no doubt return to them once the car is delivered.

I have enjoyed what I have read so far and look forward to reading more on here.

I dont post too often but do enjoy the information the forum can provide.

Off to sign off from MB Owners now.

Can anyone confirm if this Lexus Forum has an app for the Iphone?

Thanks in advance for anyone who cares to read or reply to this post.

Hi Alan welcome.

Great choice on the car. I currently have the MK2 IS250 so a little different but I really like the Ivory leather with a dark car (mine is Mercury Grey with Ivory leather).

Also I have Android but I believe there is an Iphone app available.

Hello, welcome.

Try looking at the official used Lexus cars website, as most dealers have numerous pictures of the various IS300h models they have for sale. Nationwide there are more than 100 cars. You can narrow down by exterior or interior colour. The exec edition is same as a Luxury version with leather.

Hi. The Lexus forum app is called Lexus OC and is available in the apple App Store. It's £1.49 but worth it. Grey background and white L for the logo. You can use it on Iphone or ipad and it gives access to the forums without needing a web browser. It is also sized to fit the screen better and gives you notifications of replies to posts etc. A lot of people on here use it.

Hi. The Lexus forum app is called Lexus OC and is available in the apple App Store. It's £1.49 but worth it. Grey background and white L for the logo. You can use it on iPhone or ipad and it gives access to the forums without needing a web browser. It is also sized to fit the screen better and gives you notifications of replies to posts etc. A lot of people on here use it.

Very handy little app.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Hi welcome,

I chose solid black with Ivory combination. The key for me is that all specs have black carpets. The leather is easy to keep clean with simple wipes on a regular basis. I looked at the black black combo before I picked and it was too dreary with everything black.

With light leather just be careful with denim dye. My advice is keep leather wipes in car and you will have no issues.

Enjoy

Billy:

Welcome to the Club.

I have ivory leather on my 300h and previously had light grey and beige on two 250s. On these latter two I found that the use of wipes (Armour, Sonax, Autoglym and other brands I don't recall) resulted, over time,

in an unwelcome shine, almost certainly due to silicone among the ingredients. The original nice opaque

satin factory-finish can be maintained with the 5% mild soap solution recommended in the owner's handbook,

and also works perfectly well to remove denim stains. As a matter of fact, I am surprised by the amount of blue dye and/or dirt that comes off when I apply the solution to what appears to be clean leather every 2,000 km or

so.

Thanks for the welcome and the replies, I have been snowed under work wise so havent had a chance to update.

I went to Lexus Glasgow on Saturday and had a look round to see leather/paint combos.

All the new IS were F Sports so didnt see the exact model I will get.

I did see a new GS withe grey leather and could visualise it in a black IS now so I have gone for that.

My E Class Coupe is all black in side and it it a little drab i guess so a chage from that will be nice.

I see there is a little bit of interest on this forum from drivers of German car who look to be going for the IS, is the secret well and truely out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Solution for light leather is a pack of Dr Leather wipes, leave an as new finish time after time. I have used them on my Ivory leather every two weeks for last 12 months and after 20,000 miles the front seats look just like the rears which have hardly ever been sat in.

Solution for light leather is a pack of Dr Leather wipes, leave an as new finish time after time. I have used them on my Ivory leather every two weeks for last 12 months and after 20,000 miles the front seats look just like the rears which have hardly ever been sat in.

where do you purchase them from?

where do you purchase them from?

Here is the link

http://www.drleather.com/Leather-Cleaners/Cost-and-Purchasing-Methods.aspx

I bought the tub with 150 in, still got loads left and they are still nice and moist. I use two wipes on the drivers seat , finish off with using them on the steering wheel, then a quick dry off with a microfibre. I also use on my other cars as well. These are highly recommended on detailing forums. I wear Denim jeans in the car 2-3 times a week as well and never had any dye transfer.

Check out the Sewells Lexus site in Texas, you can get colour matched side body mouldings etc to save you from all those car park dings. £300 for 4 door mouldings, 4 door edge strips, 2 front alloy sill plates with Lexus logo and a rear bumper protection strip, price was for shipping and all import taxes. There should be a couple of pics in a previous posting from me.

http://is.sewellparts.com/parts-catalog/IS250-2014.html

Hi, deliver now due in less than a month. Apart from at Lexus Glasgow and Edinburgh I have never seen one anywhere, really rare up here by the looks of it

You will love it!! It's worth the wait!

A bit disappointed, just been told today the car is being delivered to the dealer next week but it has black leather not grey as ordered. The order went through with grey but it has been missed somewhere apparently. They said the grey leather has been on back order now for a while now too. I can re-order but delivery will be January. Will have to go with black now I guess. Was hoping for a change of colour as has black in my last 2 cars

That's a bummer, I looked at the black interior but thought it was just too dark and felt claustrophobic, ended up going for the light grey leather. Nice and bright, but you still have the black accents. As Martin said, call their bluff and you could also check out Autotrader and see what is available nationwide and use this as leverage.

That really is poor, and doesn't sound like the dealer is doing much to help either.

If you have to wait that might be a better long term solution than taking the black one and regretting it for the next few years.

I'd certainly push for some serious recompense.

Any company can make mistakes. It's how they sort them out that distinguishes an average company from a great one.

I hope Lexus can sort this out for you quickly in a way that you are happy with and is consistent with their reputation of excellent customer service.

• 1 month later...

It arrived in Friday, pic will follow soon. Pretty happy with everything so far but feel like I am only scratching the surface of understanding all the buttons etc yet

I am not impressed with the heated seats though, they work fast but go nowhere near as warm as the Merc E Class Coupe.

One other thing...and this will probably be me but I cannot get the DAB to tune in at all, keeps saying no signal, the manual is not a great help from what I can see, am I not doing or doing something?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, the car is running well. I am still trying work everything out though. One thing I am puzzled by is I cannot pick up any BBC DAB stations. I can get about 15 commercial stations. I in Central Scotland and would have thought I was well in the catchment area for DAB. The same station come on every time I reset. I also cannot work out how manual set DAB stations if that is possible. Any suggestion are welcome. It is the standard audio set up

• 4 weeks later...

How is the DAB going? You will find 10-15 or so stations on each 'channel'. You need to hit the CH + or - to retune to another channel and find another group of radio stations. As you travel around you will find these groups will change. To store your favourite radio station all you need to do is tune into the station you want to store, select 'Preset Mode' on the screen, select the slot you want to save the station to and then hold down the remote touch controller until you hear a beep. The station is now tuned in! You shouldn't have issues getting BBC in Central Scotland unless you are out in the sticks. I really like the feature where if you lose the DAB signal the radio automatically switches to analogue until it acquires the signal and then switches back! Clever!