Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Looking At Is-F

The white one in Ireland is a SOR. The garage owner is a friend of the owner.

Has anyone managed to get the reg or VIN?

I enquired about this car 3 months ago and the owner has serviced it themselves since ownership. It was purchased from a BMW main dealer. However when you ask the owner for either of the 2 above details the owner suddenly gets very rude and is not interested in selling the car to oneself.

From what I understand the vehicle has had extensive repair work and has poorly been put back together. The car has gone from 22k down to 17.5. Must be the longest ISF to stay on the market.

Most Irish cars are not worth touching because of the condition of the vehicles. Most Irish will get a car from over the water. So the vehicles may even have some interesting history underneath its skin. I would totally agree that 15k is about where that car is value wise without looking at it but going off the knowledge that has came through the channels.

...and 15k would still be a punt... With this car panels and repairs won't be cheap!

Have to say that I went to look at the White car and met the owner.

The limited service history was ultimately what put me off as there were only stamps in the book and no service invoices etc. Having said that, I found the owner pretty reasonable to deal with and the car was offered to me at significantly below the £17.5k in the trader.

I also got a body shop guy that I know to go look at the car for me. There is work to be done to get the car into good nick (which the owner was upfront about) but it was not going to be an unmanageable expense. I was very tempted to take a punt but ultimately I wanted something in better condition and with more documented history with Lexus.

Gavan

The limited service history was ultimately what put me off as there were only stamps in the book and no service invoices etc. Having said that, I found the owner pretty reasonable to deal with and the car was offered to me at significantly below the £17.5k in the trader.

I also got a body shop guy that I know to go look at the car for me. There is work to be done to get the car into good nick (which the owner was upfront about) but it was not going to be an unmanageable expense. I was very tempted to take a punt but ultimately I wanted something in better condition and with more documented history with Lexus.

Gavan

Everyone will take this view and that's why it will sell for little money to a chancer. With a car like this people want to know it has been well cared for. Even if he had done the services himself why not keep the receipts? Makes you instantly think there is something being hidden.

The isf is an enthusiasts car so why not come on the forum and defend the car???

• Like 1

Gavan

Everyone will take this view and that's why it will sell for little money to a chancer. With a car like this people want to know it has been well cared for. Even if he had done the services himself why not keep the receipts? Makes you instantly think there is something being hidden.

The isf is an enthusiasts car so why not come on the forum and defend the car???

Here here young man

If the service history is at Lexus surely it can be confirmed? Must admit, although mine has exclusively been looked after by Lexus, I have no evidence other other than the stamps in the book - I have not been given the invoices with the car.

If the service history is at Lexus surely it can be confirmed? Must admit, although mine has exclusively been looked after by Lexus, I have no evidence other other than the stamps in the book - I have not been given the invoices with the car.

Me either but you can call the dealer to verify work carried out.

Stu

Does anyone know if the white one is HPI clear?

It is clear. I had it checked out before I even travelled to view. There is also a Lexus stamp in the book as well as two others (one main dealer and one indie).

Gavan

Can't answer this one Stu - this was the first place I came when I was interested in buying so would have thought the same but not everyone thinks that way.

Gavan

• Like 1