Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Looking At Is-F

Just rang around a few tyre dealers, i couldn't get a price for new Blizzaks, but did get a price for new Pirelli Winter Scorpion Zeros,

Brace yourself cos I as quoted £1800 for a set!!!!!!!!

Makes mine at £500 look cheap, so grab yourself a bargain!

good luck to the OP in your search. As for the famed reliability I await the diagnosis of my knocking noise when I have my service done on Tuesday. But I can assure you the v8 is worth every penny you'll pay when you buy an isf.

good luck to the OP in your search. As for the famed reliability I await the diagnosis of my knocking noise when I have my service done on Tuesday. But I can assure you the v8 is worth every penny you'll pay when you buy an isf.

Keep us updated chap, hope it's not anything serious.

its something towards the rear, exhaust bracket maybe. Can only hear at very low speed, such as parking. Much quicker than walking pace and can't hear it. 60k service, new front tyres and a geo. Even with Peter 's woodfood discount that lot will be a grand or more. Oh well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I am going to view an IS-F on Saturday. It's at the Lexus dealers in Nottingham. It's a silver one. I have been sent a few pics of the car and I noted the aerial on the roof was black. Is this right? As far as I know it should be colour coded. Or am I wrong?

Also what tyres came as standard on the Isf? From what I can see from the pics it has Bridgestone potenzas.

Is it possible to upload pics onto here from my phone? If it is I will upload the ones I have been sent.

Any other advice you guys may have would be grateful.

Thanks

Sully

Hi. Mine is colour coded, yeah potenzas are the lexus tyres, you will need to host pics via a site like Photobucket.

Check for uneven tyre wear as alignment may be needed. That's it. No known mechanical issues on these. Some had leaking water pumps In the states but not here I don't think.

Let us know how you get on. Hopefully it's a minter.

Stu

at my service last week they failed to identify the noise. They thought it was the jack in the boot following a puncture but its still doing it. More investigation needed... Service cost £1300 despite forum based discount on the base 60,000miles. Chuck in two front tyres, air con refresh and looking for a rattle and it soon adds up. front tyres have more grip too, and maybe a bit more steering feel. Which you'd expect...

at my service last week they failed to identify the noise. They thought it was the jack in the boot following a puncture but its still doing it. More investigation needed... Service cost £1300 despite forum based discount on the base 60,000miles. Chuck in two front tyres, air con refresh and looking for a rattle and it soon adds up. front tyres have more grip too, and maybe a bit more steering feel. Which you'd expect...

Not good mate. That's frustrating. Can you always simulate the conditions under which you get the noise?

Hi Sully.

Any news following your viewing on Saturday??

I know others have said it before me, but these really are cracking cars for the money.

You just can't find anything that does what these do in my opinion.

Let us know how you got on chap.

Cheers.

Peter :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Sorry for late reply. I have been so busy with work and travelling a lot looking at various IS-Fs.

I am over the moon as I bought one today. The drive home was awesome. Can't believe the mpg I got even though I was going up and down the gears.

Oh the noise. It's awesome.

I have finally joined your exclusive club. I will post pics once I have cleaned and polished it.

Thanks

Sully

Congrats, best colour if you have the time to keep it clean, get some better pics up ;)

One question though, how long did the previous owner have it? As the reg is very similar to one that was advertised by a trader a little while ago, when I saw the car you eventually bought on sale privately on Autotrader I thought is that the same car? I may well be wrong though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links