Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Code Reader Plug In Point Rx300 2001

• 6 months later...

No, nothing like that near the pedals. The only thing I can see is on the throttle pedal and I presume that is the throttle control. I have noticed under the bonnet behind the fuse box is a box with "Relay" on it and inside are some what look like square plugs. According to the design inside the lid they are for Horn/ lights and some thing AF on one but I don't want to pull any of them out. Could this be where the diagnostic code reader gets plugged in. I am surprised it is not in the hand book.

Hi,

As Colin says, it will be inside the car.

More info here including a diagram of what the port looks like:

http://m.gendan.co.uk/article_3.html

I found mine by touch, running my fingers over the trim panels by my knees from the driving seat.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

I looked with a torch and got contorted looking right under the drivers side, couldn't find anything like the photo. perhaps it is behind a small panel. Its dark now so I will have another search in daylight. Thanks for your help, let you know if I find although like a dog chasing a car I am not sure what I will do with it if I find it.

Absolutely where you said it was, it was the OBD2 being in the socket that threw me. Ok so now what do I do, get a reader and wait for the lights to come on.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Best wishes

I bought an OBD2 Bluetooth reader from eBay for under a tener, and use Torque Pro app for £3 odd on my Samsung mobile. Sometimes I forget how to make them connect, but it will bring up error codes, clear error codes, and a lot more. You still have to rely on the internet to find out what the codes mean, but that is easy. There is a list somewhere on this forum.

Just been looking on YouTube at some demonstrations of this little device, looks great. However there are so many on offer from £6.99 to £14.99. They look the same, eBay or amazon ? I like the fact that you can buy Torque Pro app. Has anyone actually used this on a Lexus RX300. I am so exited I can't wait to buy one if you say they work on the RX300.

Regards

Hi Antique,

The one I bought is a Bluetooth, like the one earlier in the thread in the picture.

I thought it would replace my wired reader but it doesn't work with iPhones.

I managed to hook it up and tried a bunch of apps on my RX with an old Android phone and all worked well.

There's a disc with PC software bundled with the unit and it's less than a week old.

As I said, if you want it, it's yours for a fiver... Drop me a private message if interested!

Torque Pro works fine on my RX300, and on the BMW 3 series using the same OBD2 thingy. You can enter details for individual cars in the app. Go for it, for less than £15 and a bit of fiddling it is worth a try especially if you like gadgets !

Tell us if it works for you

Thanks Chris but I think I will get one of the mini ones, it is more compact and will not get in the way and I can leave it in. I am really grateful for all the help everyone has offered. So pleased there is somewhere to go for a help, Lexus is a wonderful car but soooo! expensive, this will give me an insight in to the vehicle and probably save me being ripped off.

Best regards to all

Ordered the mini OBD2 and have just found out my Windows phone Nokia Lumia 520 is not an android phone and Torque Pro can not be downloaded on to a Windows phone. I have managed to download an app for "Motorist" that seems to do the same as Torque. Is there another alternative that is compatible with OBD2 and Windows phone. Nothing is ever straight forward with Windows.

Regards

Just thought for future reference if anyone asks:

I have discovered Kindle is an android tablet so will download Torque Pro on to the Kindle, has a larger screen than my phone so will be easier to see.

Regards

Can't use the kindle I don't think it can be paired.

Anyway I tried Auto doctor and this didn't give any information at all. Used "MOTORIST" and it came up with 5 Error codes. Unfortunately only one code gives me any information, all the others when I tap them I get the message on the web "Having trouble finding this page"

List:

P1860 TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical/Transmission Transfer Case Contact Plate D Short circuit to Battery.

B1270. Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost Circuit to Battery.

C1511. Left Front Wheel Pressure reduction performance problem.

P0200. Injector Circuit Malfunction.

C1184. ABS System is not operational.

What does C1511 mean? and what do I do now because the ABS light is intermittent, it come on and go off some times for days weeks or even months.

I'd double check what C1511 actually means for your vehicle rather than what a generic piece of software thinks.

I've seen it listed as a torque sensor abnormal error for Toyota hybrid vehicle - part of an electric power steering system.

Checked it out and you are partly right but there are also other things it points to. The steering torque problem could also be electrical, so again I say perhaps it is all electrical. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get an expert to have a look. At the moment all the lights are off.