Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Protection Film

Lmmbjt

Hi just wanted to let you all know that I'm getting the front end of my gs300h covered next Monday with m3 protection film I will try to get some picture and post them next week . With my car being artic pearl white it shows any stone chips up . http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hZaIQ4Mj0E take a look see what you think .

Are you getting the hole bonnet done or just three quarters,

I only ask as a friend of mine had his
done three quarters and had problems keeping the line clean it always looked
like he had a dirty black line across his bonnet, in the end he took it off.

his car was white

I would defiantly go for a full bonnets, I looked into this

film in great detail, even traveling to a showroom in London that had cars with
it on, I suppose it depends on how fussy you are, but to me it was still
clearly visible and not what I would put up with. I decide against it as I only
cover 4k miles a year and very little motorway driving and if I was unlucky
enough to get so many stone chips on my bumper and bonnet it would have been
the same cost to have the bonnet and bumper re sprayed. It also depends on how
long you intend to keep the car for, if it’s going to be a long time then the
cost of multi re sprays would end up more then the film. I would have a look your self before having it
done.

• Like 1

I have seen a couple of cars with it and yes the car is going to be a long term car ,I'm looking at keeping it for at least 10 years . It's why I changed from the is250 to the hybrid . But the point about respray cost is a good one . My commute is a round trip of 90 miles and I do it a couple of times a week , and it's all motorway or dual carriage way so high chance of stones ect . Also with the pearl paint it's very hard to match the paint 100% . .

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Hi for the front bumper and the front third of the wings and bonnet ,

with mirror backs it's£395+vat , or for the full bonnet and wings it £795+vat

at autoworx in Bromley Kent .

Put my order on hold for a couple of weeks now want to see

how it will look on a white car first ! Re: earlier comments .

Hi for the front bumper and the front third of the wings and bonnet ,

with mirror backs it's£395+vat , or for the full bonnet and wings it £795+vat

at autoworx in Bromley Kent .

Put my order on hold for a couple of weeks now want to see

how it will look on a white car first ! Re: earlier comments .

If you search the club lexus forum some people have

mentioned that the film on there mirror backs caused a high pitch whistling

noise at a certain speed, maybe something to investigate

i am not in anyway trying to put you off its just letting you know stuff that i came across during my investigation into this product

Must admit it is high and that's also part of thr reason for me putting it on hold , need to be 100% sure that it's worth doing before I pay out that much . As Wendle said a respray if it gets that bad in several years might be a better option .

That's what I am having at the minute - quoted £300 for front bumper respray, 3 stone chips on roofline (where roof meets windscreen) and a whole car polished to get rid of the scratches.

The guy who is doing it I have used for 20 years and he is a perfectionist. So I reckon it will be like new when it is done. Hence I thought about film protection to prevent this happening again.

I know what you mean I have already got 2 chips on bumper and one on o/f wing next to headlight ,

only small but I know there are there and that on a 6 month old car so not happy . But that's life .

I know what you mean I have already got 2 chips on bumper and one on o/f wing next to headlight ,

only small but I know there are there and that on a 6 month old car so not happy . But that's life .

Ive had my car 2 years and only have 4 stonechips. But then again, I use glass coatings on my car. Mine is also white pearl, dont understand how you can see the stonechips as the primer is white anyway??!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLexus OC1409329663.692441.jpg

May have changed since 2012 then. Personally, Im more of a respray person if my car ever gets bad enough. I had an 8 year old RX300 which had loads of stonechips and I got the front resprayed for £100. It was a fantastic job as well.

The main problem I find with paint protection films is the rough surface they leave behind. Its referred to as "pitting". Makes the whole front look like its a pufferfish as the rocks leave an indent in the paint without actually removing the paint as most of the impact force is taken by the film. Of course, its always very difficult to clean it too.

• 2 months later...

i spoke with the owner of a firm who does wraps n films n tinted windows etc about film for bumper ....he said save your money and just get a re spray as cheaper when you need too..... Did himself out of business but glad of his honest opinion,

Got a section of my rear bumper done to save scuff marks from taking bags out of boot....as yet everything ok and virtually invisible, but can imagine in time a dirty mark appearing on seam of it( then again maybe not as nearly wash car everytime ive used it) lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links