Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'ultimate' Blunder!

twotone

Seems BP's Ultimate petrol has been leaving diesel drivers out of pocket.

BP have given Ultimate a blue label at the pumps but they didn't notice their Diesel already has a blue label(be a darker shade of blue) so poor Diesel drivers seeing a blue label have been filling up on Ultimate.

One customer was out of pocket for £160 to get his tank drained but BP have refunded him and said they are working to better the signs at petrol stations.

Not a good start to Ultimate is it :blink:

I was in a Shell station the other day when the tanker had unloaded and they were doing the paperwork I spotted that Shell UK charge the local petrol station 71.3p per litre for Optimax when charge it out at 87.9 - nice mark up

NEVER fill up when there's a tanker there.

It stirs up all the gunk from the bottom of the tank and clogs up the fuel filter.

I once had to have my car's whole fuel system flushed.

I was in a Shell station the other day when the tanker had unloaded and they were doing the paperwork  I spotted that Shell UK charge the local petrol station 71.3p per litre for Optimax when charge it out at 87.9 - nice mark up

NEVER fill up when there's a tanker there.

It stirs up all the gunk from the bottom of the tank and clogs up the fuel filter.

I once had to have my car's whole fuel system flushed.

I was buying some fags at the time

In case anyone has had their head in the sand, the AA now have a "petrolbusters" thing on their site that tells you where your nearest cheap petrol is. I think it very marginally useful, but somebody who travels a lot might. It has maps and things so you can see the cheapest towns etc.

http://www.aapetrolbusters.com/

You have to register, but it's just an email address and they send you a password.