Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension (Ls430) Question

emotionalgenius

Hiya guys, am picking up a LS 430 next week, just been through its MOT today with no advisories, thing is, if the air suspension is iffy would this fail the test. I am aware of the issues but the LS 430 has been a dream of mine since my P reg GS...just worried about the air suspension really. The car is X reg with 190,000 on it and full Lexus history and is as clean as any 2 year old car on the road so I do feel confident about it generally.

Cheers

Glyn

Air suspension problems are usually pretty obvious, back end sagging or uneven wheel arch to tyre gaps, pump activating regularly would indicate a leak on the system possible warning light on dash.

Providing it is nothing obvious it would probably pass an MOT as there are no air suspension related checks involved in the test.

I wouldn't be too concerned even though it has its problems they are still quite rare.

Hiya guys, am picking up a LS 430 next week, just been through its MOT today with no advisories, thing is, if the air suspension is iffy would this fail the test. I am aware of the issues but the LS 430 has been a dream of mine since my P reg GS...just worried about the air suspension really. The car is X reg with 190,000 on it and full Lexus history and is as clean as any 2 year old car on the road so I do feel confident about it generally.

Cheers

Glyn

It seems that the majority of LS430 owners have not had the suspension problem, and as I said recently, we only hear about the ones that have. Enjoy your car, and worry about the problems if and when they happen, and just maybe they won't! On another positive note, the LS430 is really cheap to insure, I was surprised, thinking that it would cost more than my Ls400 but it's more than £100 less!

Thanks guys, hope its just nervous excitement with my collection day looming but I do appreciate the reassurance. The car is higher at the front on a level surface which worried me but this is apparantly "normal"

If there are issues I will post my experiences (if I can afford to keep my broadband) if not I shall post some piccy's - lets hope you are all seeing some photo's next week...

Thanks again

Glyn

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links