Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Speaker Upgrade

Its definitely something I will look at. Having come from a series of Mercs, Audi's and VW's paired with Bose, Dynaudio and Harmon Kardon systems I fear the standard system is not going to cut it for me.

Not sure of the wiring setup or speaker locations so I can't help there, but I am 100% interested!

Don't know if it'll help but have a look on the club Lexus forum.

www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation.

They seem to love buying their cars and then modding everything in sight!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I have had my local car audio company specify a suitable upgrade as follows:

JL Audio XD 400/4 Amp

Hertz ESK 165L 2 way front component speakers

JL Audio CP Sub/Amp

Audison SLi2 (High to Low converter)

It was recommended not to change the rear door speakers as it was not worth the extra cost.

My car is booked in for next Saturday, so updates will follow after this.

As this is a company lease car I explained that any modifications must be reversible. They explained that the majority of their work is on lease cars these days and that everything (apart from the sub box in the boot) will be hidden with minimal mods and completely reversible. They were currently working on two new Merc lease cars.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Exactly! For the ML option I would have to select the F-Sport and fork out an additional £3k for the premium navigation and ML system. As this is a company car I am making a nice little saving by keeping the p11d value down and saving on the options cost.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

For anyone considering a speaker upgrade, be aware, if you have premium Nav, you get 8 speakers as std. Std stereo comes with 6 and ML comes with 15.

Personally i think the premium nav setup sounds pretty good. I personally didn't like the ML setup - too much treble, not enough mid or bass. Each to their own I suppose.

For anyone considering a speaker upgrade, be aware, if you have premium Nav, you get 8 speakers as std. Std stereo comes with 6 and ML comes with 15.

Personally i think the premium nav setup sounds pretty good. I personally didn't like the ML setup - too much treble, not enough mid or bass. Each to their own I suppose.

Its got an equaliser so you can change the sound if you wish to do so.

The ML system has exactly the same features as the Premium Nav so gets just a treble,mid,bass equalizer. Tried adjusting it, but never got a balance I liked, always too much top end, less midrange and minimal bass.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links