Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Edware - Long Wait For Cd Replacement

sholao

That is a long time. When mine went wrong (ERR 3), Lexus Birmingham told me it would take 6 weeks. After 6 weeks and one day i called them to ask where if my new unit had arrived and they gave me the usual excuses of a huge back log of orders etc. To there credit, the service advisor told me to contact Lexus GB to see if they could speed things up. Lexus GB got back to me after a day and told me that the dealer would have the unit within 2 days. I am still waiting for the CD's that were jammed in there though, and that was back in September :angry:

Waiting for 5 months just isn't acceptable - get on the phone to Lexus GB and voice your concerns.

Just got a call today from Lexus Wolverhampton to say my new unit has arrived and will be fitted next wednesday. Only been waiting 3 weeks, so not too bad. Perhaps Sholao you should consider moving to the midlands ;)

I had same problem, so I got in contact with Head Office in Epsom Surrey.

It worked but I had to make a few calls.

:whistling: Still waiting for my CD's to come back that was 8 weeks ago, so might have to kick bottom. They are very helpful, but you have to keep them on their toes!

When mine went had to wait 3 weeks for replacement the silence from having no stereo was deafing.

i ended up complaining to Lexus Gb and magically the unit appeared.

Also found out a very important lesson about standard warranty and extended warranty.

1: Standard - direct replacement on any part like for like, has to be resolved within days.

2: Extended - parts go away for repair to external suppliers thus a wait upon wait.

So if you within the first 3 yrs, you should be well looked after but that mmmmm depends how loud you shout!!!!!

I am hoping to purchase a IS200 SE soon on 03 plate if can raise all the funds. Is this ERR3 problem still happening to new'ish cars?

This is only a problem on the old stereo design (cd slot at the bottom of the unit). I have not heard of this problem on the new design (cd slot at the top of the unit). The new unit was fitted in Oct 2001 onwards so you will be fine.

You can get rid of the ERR-message;

-> By loading an another CD, and let the player to play it and then change back to the CD that gave the error

-> Changing the CD selection to another slot, and let the player to play it and then change back to the CD that gave the error

-> Ejecting the CD that gives the ERR and then loading it back

I have got ERR messages thousand times, but I've always fixed by doing some of the steps above, so I am 82.7% sure you won't need the stereo replacement.

Agree with Phil h 100 - Lexus Stockport are very prompt. Had Err3 unit replaced in a week, had Err1 new unit in 2 days. Was due to go in today, but I forgot, going in next week.