Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Head Unit Install

Hi

I've being trawling the internet and forum all day but still can't find the answers to how a double din head unit is fitted. Can anyone out there help please?

The car was fitted with a working Kenwood single din unit, however it was getting quite old and I wanted Bluetooth. Also the fascia was not fitted well and looked a bit of a mess. So new double din unit and new fascia set order today. I've stripped out the old unit which was fitted using a snatch plate(cage) but I can't seem to see how a double will fit. Do I use the double din cage or is the head unit attached directly to the aircon mounting plate? Does anyone have any pics.?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

It'll be attached directly on to the brackets that hold in the aircon and factory HU I'd assume. I've changed the HU in a few IS's and I'm pretty sure thats how it'll be, the screw holes on the sides of standard and aftermarket HU's seem to be pretty uniform.

Yes as above,the head units mount to plates on the side of your new double din fascia and that in turn fits on to the ac controls, then it goes in the dash as one big unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links