Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450H And Air Suspension

There have been plenty of warnings from members with regards to relatively poor reliability of the air suspension on the RX300/350 (air suspension was never available on the RX400h), and the costs of getting fixed.

I believe that some RX450h models do come with air suspension, hence the following questions:

- are there reliability issues with this also?

- which models have / have not got it?

- is the ride significantly better to make it worth the extra money?

thanks...

I think it is still too early to tell. Most failures that have occurred would have been covered under warranty and the owners are less likely to post here, and the failure rate increases with age, 450h are now only coming up to 5 years old. Lexus have also sold a lot fewer series III RXs compared to the series II so there are just less vehicle to fail - for example in the first year of the series II, 4,600 were sold, in 2010 just under 3,000 series IIIs were sold.

I believe air suspension is only on the SE-L and SE-L Premier.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links