Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Failed Mot, No Front Parking Lights

I took my LS430 today for its annual MOT and it failed because the front parking lights (sidelights in old money) were not working, the rear were OK. The MOT guy said it may be a fuse but I think it is more likely blown bulbs, 5W?.

On the near side I removed the fuse box and undid the one bolt on top of the headlight but I couldn't see the connector clip which holds the unit in place, I also had a look on the off side without seeing it, the handbook is not terribly clear.

Now if you have read my past posts you will know that I am no Edd Cina, but any tips most welcome.

TIA

I always get my indy to take my cars for their independent MOTs ( at annual service time too ) to ensure things like blown bulbs etc are simply fixed on the spot and the tester can continue !

And I only get charged just the full £54 ( is it that ? ) for the MOT .... and of course the annual service and anything untoward that the MOT might require doing to pass, and maybe to sort out some potential advisory or other that will need doing before the next service.

Seems to work ok for me and keeps me on the road usually for another full year without grief........... nor undue expense nor inconvenience

Malc

Thanks for the input Steve2006.

24 hours later and it's smiles all around, I have my MOT.

I had a look at the lights without success so I went to a mechanic friend this morning, I showed him the handbook but he said that he was unable to see the parking light, we had a look to see if it was next to the front fog, but there was only one bulb there so we went back to the original plan.

he removed i think it was 3 bolts and also a plastic type cover on both sides which have Philps head bolts. With some wiggling which the handbook says you may have to do we found that both bulbs were silvery looking, he replaced them plus all the bits and I was good to go.

Just a quickie, I have an Advisory for a film on my headlight glass, not enough to fail this year but the MOT guy said new regs were coming in and it would probably fail next year. My mechanis friend showed me an advert in the local newspaper where a mobile service comes out and does the lenses for £30 so that looks like an upcoming task.

By the way, I did about 3,500 miles in the last 12 months :)

Is the film on the headlight glass external? My old Kia Picanto has the same problem and T-cut doesn't clear it. I've been advised to try wet & dry (???) paper with lots of water first. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links