Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Everybody Say That It Is Slow?

snutten

I have got a friend with an all new Peugeout 206 RC (180hp). 0-60 =7,4sec.

We have raced a couple of times and the stock IS200 wins all the time.

We have also switched cars and the same happens. I recon he is faster up to around 50mph then i will struggle my way in front of him.

WHY !!!

He should win easily!!!

Funny I was never able to get better than 10,5 -11 sec (o-62 mph) with my manual IS200 even after if loosened up after 2,5 years.

I had a stop watch and revved to about 6000 rpm before shifting as fast as I could.

I was not near the official figure. All conditions were perfect. No load, good tyres, good road quality.

Attempt after attempt never got me below 10 sec. :( :sad:

i raced my mate off the lights last night, he was in a golf v6 4 motion, let just say when we got to the pub he was the one grinning. the IS is crap at a standing start.

i still love the IS, but wish I'd gone for an imported altezza with the extra horses

i raced my mate off the lights last night, he was in a golf v6 4 motion, let just say when we got to the pub he was the one grinning. the IS is crap at a standing start.

i still love the IS, but wish I'd gone for an imported altezza with the extra horses

hey when it says four motion it means it,theyve got more traction than a F1

The IS has a six cylinder therefore more torque than the equivalent four cylinder. The idea is you don't have to mess about changing gears all the time. The Honda SC2000 or Mazda RX-8 have little torque but lots of BHP so they have quicker 0-60 times but you have to work the gear box more (which is how it should be for racing).

What is the performance figures of an Altezza anyways?

I dont find the IS quick from stand still, it isnt the lightest of cars :)

But once its of the blocks, its has a constant pull.

Funny I was never able to get better than 10,5 -11 sec (o-62 mph) with my manual IS200 even after if loosened up after 2,5 years.

I had a stop watch and revved to about 6000 rpm before shifting as fast as I could.

I was not near the official figure. All conditions were perfect. No load, good tyres, good road quality.

Attempt after attempt never got me below 10 sec. :( :sad:

it depends how you are measuring things

you cant go by the speedometer as they are set to show just above your real mileage

and what are your reaction times with a stopwatch

they all add up to a few seconds !!

factory figures are usually done with no respect to the car either, which i am hope you are not doing

The IS has a six cylinder therefore more torque than the equivalent four cylinder. The idea is you don't have to mess about changing gears all the time. The Honda SC2000 or Mazda RX-8 have little torque but lots of BHP so they have quicker 0-60 times but you have to work the gear box more (which is how it should be for racing).

Trouble is the IS200 doesn't have much torque either.

What is the performance figures of an Altezza anyways?

I dont find the IS quick from stand still, it isnt the lightest of cars :)

But once its of the blocks, its has a constant pull.

0-60 in 7.2

BHP 210

weight 1330kg

top speed.... a "little" bit more than an is200 :P

over a second quicker off the mark than the is300 i`ve have raced quite a few is300`s and every time it is They left with egg on their faces!!! AND THAT INCLUDES ON THE MOTORWAY!!!

To me the Altezza is the only car for me, it defo has the X factor.

I really don't understand why boy racers should even want to buy a grown up's car like the IS200. Racing from the traffic lights to the pub? And then back again after a few pints perhaps?

If you want to race your cars then by all means race them on a track, where you are less likely to kill or cripple someone.